Which companies are the best

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Delx37, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    easier work, usually better pay, not as much waiting around to get loaded/unloaded. the downside is they're much more dangerous to drive, especially a smooth bore tank, good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Sounds like you are beyond the point of no return.Dont worry about the cost of it,if you follow thru and get into a good career of driving ,you will be a way ahead,with experience and also finacially. I ha ve drive trucks my entire life,starting out in the good old US ARMY,in the mid 50s. I then did a lot of part time driving in addition to my regular full time job.When the plant closed down where I had worked for 35 years,I decided to go driving full time. However I ciould not put together enough over the road experience to qualify for a decent driving position. So at 54 yrs. of age I dipped into my small savings and went thru a driving school.I was told by many people to just hold things up and the govt.would pay for the school. But by the time these people were getting enrolled in school I already had that behind me and was making a decent living driving a truck for the old MS Carriers out of Memphis,TN.I feel that I was further ahead by doing things on my own,although it cost me quite a bit of cash at the time.Approx. $4200.plus the expense of transportation to and from school.Today there are many companies offering free training,however you will have to sign a contract and be obligated to driving for them for an extended period.If you go ahead and pay your own way,you are pretty much your own boss,and have the privelidge of driving for who you want.Hang in there,you are on the right track.

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Well from listening to other drivers, here would be my choices in order from good to bad:

Crete or Pam
    Roehl or ATS
    Pat Salmon and sons (mail hauler and very limited jobs)

I have good and bad about the above.

Hunter

5. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Seeing as how others are posting good companies to drive for I will put in my 2 cts.worth.I have driven for a few companies,and also have a few years experience as an owner operator,1993 til 1998.When I sold out and retired the first time. As for companies to drive for I would put Roehl at the top of the list and Swift right at the bottom. I post this with the experience of driving for both companies and not hearsay. Good luck on your new career.

6. chargingbear

chargingbear Light Load Member

May 11, 2008
    murray , utah
    I will be starting with this company next week and i heard nothing but good news from them from a couple of other truckers , they have a ride along program for $29.00 a month to cover insurance and they dont drive runs to the eastern coast and tollways. no pets there trucks are only a year nad half old running mostly 2007 kenworth's.
    has anyone heard and bad news about this company?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] James H. Clark & Son, Inc. is a refrigerated goods carrier which primarily operates Kenworth W900 and T800 models in its fleet of 164 trucks. According to Clark, the new Kenworth W900 will go to one of the fleet’s senior drivers. The new 2006 Model W900 features a new cab interior featuring world-class quality, ergonomics and durability. Kenworth’s new cab interior also is currently available on its new 2006 Model T800 and T600 trucks. [/FONT]

7. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Help us out here. How does a person get a better job or better company because u pay for training yourself. After training u have a CDL but no experiance. Thanks

8. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    What kind of MPG do they get? Thanks

9. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Aha, gotcha. This web site is a great help. I'll bet u have to automaticlly drive slower; which may means u won't be effected by the lower speeds companies r demanding because u already have to drive slower and safer. Right? Thanks.

10. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    any bennies?

you got it, and your welcome:biggrin_25525:

11. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Okay now then what might be the best tanker outfits to drive for AND what would be the stuff that would best to haul, and keep u busy the most? I'm in Arizona now but may go back to Riverside, CA, which is right next to Fontana, CA a big truck'n area. Do the outfits u may know about run around my area's? :biggrin_25526:

Thanks
    :biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.