Which Companies DO NOT Have Manual Trucks?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by insipidtoast, Mar 5, 2023.

1. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Do they hire new drivers? The website says 4+months experience, but maybe they make exceptions for hiring from pre-approved schools?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Why not? Isn't like 90% of the fedex linehaul network run by contractors? Is fedex freight even nationwide? I just did a job search on their site and only see five cdl jobs in the entire country.

4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    FedEx Ground is 100% contractors and that’s why I don’t recommend them. There’s such a wide disparity in the pay and benefits that each one offers.

FedEx Freight has hundreds of terminals nationwide but we are generally not hiring drivers right now.

5. hoosier volunteer

hoosier volunteer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Ringgold Ga
    I’m not sure, I know we have a dock to driver program but not sure if we are hiring new drivers currently. You would need to call and ask a recruiter.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Fed Ex ground are all contractors. Not owned by Fed Ex. God knows what you would get there. I interviewed there once after my 3 year VA induced hiatus and after the check ride I said thanks, but no thanks.

7. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Why?

8. Knightcrawler

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    I had a secret clearance in the army, and it was easier to get into secure army facilities than it was there. Lots of hoops you had to jump through (ummm, yeah). Also, the place they parked the rear trailers in Arden Hills was on the side of a hill. You had to push the dolly (which weighs in at about 4000 pounds) as far as you could up the hill in the general direction of your rear box, and then jam something under the wheel to hold it in place while you positioned the lead box. There wasnt enough room to hook the dolly to the lead and back it in, so you had to do it that way. The spotter wouldnt let you move the trailers elsewhere in the yard to hook them either. /SMH, its like they were intentionally making it as hard as they could.

Then there was the run itself. I dont recall exactly, but it was from Arden Hills to somewhere between the ILL/IND line and South Bend 1 guy drives down and the other drives back (Im not crazy about running teams). The pay was about 5 cents a mile less than most OTR companies paid. And after you get back to town you got 4 hours before you do it all over again. And I live an hour (or more depending on traffic) from Arden Hills, which means.... yeah.

Pass.

insipidtoast Thanks this.
  9. Long Haul Lumper Fee

Long Haul Lumper Fee Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2023
    So none of the contractors pay hourly?

10. Knightcrawler

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Im sure some do. Im sure some pay by the mile. Im sure some pay on a set rate. Im sure some have their own twisted method....

11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Biggest LTL outfit reaching the most territory in the lower 48. The dismal amount of open driving positions for a carrier this large is a BAD sign on the economy's overall correction.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.