Which is best for a relative newbie: May, Navajo or Western Express?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Robert Eroica Dupea, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think I need some betel nut and absinthe; dance with the green fairy.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike_77

Mike_77 Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2017
    lol. Haven’t heard that one in a while.

4. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I couldn't agree more. If the OP has a solid 6 months experience and a good record, I believe there are better choices out there than the ones he is considering.

5. Shermboski

Shermboski Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Sorry but that whole response is false! I been with navajo for 4 years. We make over $500 take home a week..(I gross 1200-1600 take home 1000-1400 weekly) wtf? If you run hard and do your job you won't have any issues we have newer trucks and every where you go trucks will have issues. We don't have cameras in our trucks.

2019-2016(which are getting faded out) trucks
    Apus
    Inverters
    Direct TV 24inch TV's
    Kenworth t680 mostly but some peterbilts and few freightliners.
    Some stick shifts left but pushing in the automatics.

Stories you hear from people you should take it with grain of salt. Do the research yourself. Any questions you got about Navajo feel free to ask me. I made an account because of this response.. just had to clear this up.

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    All I can put out there is what I was told personally by people who worked there which is about 5 in the past 3 years. Nobody can completely endorse or reject a company unless they work there of course. Glad to hear a positive comment from a recruiter??.Driver?? Company office person?? Anyway, what ever your status or objective, glad to see a positive response. Maybe some other veteran NAVAJO DRIVERS will chime in.

7. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    I run in the west. Navajo and western express have crappy equipment. No such thing as a newer truck.. All 2016 and older. From what I see everyday.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Yes most of their trucks I see out there are rag
    DITTO

9. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I'd chose Western Express to be honest. I've heard bad about every starter company. EVERY. So it really doesn't matter. I heard May trucks are governed at 61. I've also been told never to go with what's more comfortable.. like going with a company with a terminal nearby because they will always pull you in and prob want inspections, etc. What a driver once told me when I asked about better to park at terminals or truck stops.

10. Eggroll'n Trucker

Eggroll'n Trucker Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Out of those choices, I would go to May. I gross been 5k-6.5k per month here but that's working 4 weeks straight. I think it's one of the better starting companies. I've had a great experience the 14 months I've been here. 61mph does suck....a lot. However, the equipment/ maintenance/ support/ and miles are great.

Rocknroller4 and smokey12 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.