Which is the best truck stop to fuel at? Is all diesel same quality?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by new_trucking_guy01, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Don't trust Indian truck stop fuel!

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Constant Learner

Constant Learner Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    The Moon
    Petro, Rochelle, IL.

oicu812 and 77fib77 Thank this.
  4. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    As far as the fuel itself, certain places have different blends but the fuel itself is all coming out of the same terminals. You’ll see the same trucks of every brand of fuel all lined up getting their fuel from the same terminal.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  5. Yoster

Yoster Light Load Member

May 16, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    What stations sell diesel without bio?

Freddy57 Thanks this.
  6. _Der

_Der Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2023
    Fuel hauling has the same cost constraints as all other types of transportation. Every gas station is going to get fuel from where it's cheapest. Lift sights may not have a bio mixer or the tanks could have a mix of bioblend and regular ULSD. I don't think [truck stop brand] is a good measure of quality. I wonder if fuel test kits have been invented.

7. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    There aren't as many as there used to be, usually smaller independent truck stops like Hoods in Bois D'arc, MO still does, but a lot of them have been driven out of business by Pilot and Loves. Life on the road has drastically changed in the last several years...and not for the better.

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The reason not many places don’t sell bio diesel is because bio diesel is subsidized by the federal government and the places that sell it get a kick back for the gallons they sell. Not to mention that the EPA mandates how much bio must be produced every year and many states have mandated the sale of it. According to the EPA the target for biodiesel production in 2023 was 2.82 billion gallons and by 2025 their target jumps to 3.35 billion gallons. It’s really nothing to do with the small stops going out of business.

stwik, Siinman and Truckermania Thank this.
  9. Yoster

Yoster Light Load Member

May 16, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    The Native or Punjabi Indians? Lol. I always see that super cheap fuel at the nativevspot on the AZ border, but I just don't trust it. I also think I've gotten some shoddy fuel from a Punjabi guy in Nebraska. I just figure, if the place is run down, they probably don't maintain their tanks much better.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  10. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have gotten fuel from the AZ place a few times and never had a problem. They are normally pretty busy since it is one of the cheaper spots in the area.

Vampire Thanks this.
  11. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Retired a year and a half ago, but I used to get 100% there. I imagine they still sell it.
    Anyone remember Bingo stations? They were one to stay away from.

Constant Learner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.