Which Is The Least Terrible Company Sponsored Truck Driver Training?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ajv1987, May 12, 2012.

1. pokerperv

pokerperv Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    I been looking into Millis also, im from Ohio family in Columbus use to live in Miamisburgh, got my cdl permit going for physical next week then going to call Millis and i dont mind paying 500.00 bucks for training. Good Luck to those who are going June11th.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia

4. pokerperv

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    When i read Millis website it said medical card is good if it was taken i believe within 60 days before geting to Millis training, unless i miss read.

5. indianaEMT

indianaEMT Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Crawfordsville, IN
    No, Millis requires you to have your DOT Physical done before you get to class.

6. pokerperv

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Im still thinking about Millis, even tho im out of hiring area they said to transfer my liscense to ohio and take physical in Ohio wait 30 days then call them back and everything should be good to go. Need to have 30 days residence before Millis will accept.

7. Ajv1987

Ajv1987 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Try Roehl they are just as good and and only a state away lol! Honestly though I was in dire straits and was considering company sponsored training as well, but my grandparents offered to loan me the money to go to a truck driving school and it is worlds apart. Depends on what school you go to but it is a good choice, plus no contract, and companies offer tuition reimburstment. It's your choice though.

8. pokerperv

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Im actually went and meet with a school on friday and will prolly go that route, like you said no contracts good luck to you.

9. Ajv1987

Ajv1987 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's good to hear, I am glad that you're able to do that. Although I am just starting out with school, I have done plenty of research. If you want to pm me about the class feel free to. Good luck to you too!

10. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Gotta laugh at the question, "Which is the least terrible company sponsored truck driver training"?

I think the answer would be none.

In short, they all suck.

11. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    Millis in Trenton,Oh. is head and shoulders above the rest,excellant training and guarenteed a job (if you pass)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.