Which pair of work boots should I buy?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hsingh_2, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Rattlers at least give a warning; copperheads don't.
    Copperhead snakes hang out in blackberry bushes. If you're picking blackberries, use caution.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I wear Caterpillars and like them.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Caterpillar has some very nice pull-on work boots. Lace-up boots are a PITA for truckers.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Timberline. $200, lasts 4 years

6. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    I have found Ariat blunt steel toe pull on tall boots wear very nice under extremely rugged scenarios, think everything dealt with after a wreck - carnage, fluids fuels, climbing jagged steel frames to rig, rock climbing to get to & from a wreck down a ravine, on and on.

I wear the soles out long before any seems start to crack a stitch.

I also ran across these for the sandal-semi truckers, maybe we can convert them! lol
    (I have a new thread pending about that, but is actualy positive comments for one particular breed of drivers out here, it will be in the anything forum)

[​IMG]

LameMule, D.Tibbitt and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Having served in the Navy you should know and understand tides. Most anybody that has lived in Hampton Roads knows how it can flood in low-lying areas. I have seen some of the streets in the lower part of the VA Hospital here under a foot or more of water. The day I came across that Copperhead I had been out walking near the high water just looking at things. I had also decided to wear my boots. I had stopped to answer my phone when for some reason I looked down. I finally killed the snake by stepping on it. When this happened I was so close to the HRBT I could hear the sounds of tires.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I have a pair of slip-on Redwing boots. My last place of employment bought them for me for the rare but occasional times I'd need steel toe boots. So, didn't have to buy another pair. Being a reefer jockey, I have yet to actually need them. But, it's nice to have them handy just in case. My Redwings are about as comfortable as any slip-on steel toe boots. They're OK, but still prefer to simply wear sneakers most of the time. Only time I wear flip flops is in the shower. Not an open toe shoe kind of person. I'm just a tender-foot and prefer to wear shoes than flip flops or barefoot.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have a pair of Chippewa boots and Redwing with a safety tow. Both are loggers and I wear them in the winter only. Both are made in the USA, however the owner of the store I go to told me that Chippewa boots will be made overseas, and only one style will be made in the US. If this happens O won't buy Chippewas any longer.
    In the summer months I wear timberland pros they have a safety toe as well and are like sneakers and are very comfortable. Hope this helps you.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.