Who Actually feels safe while out on the road

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stacks, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I'm pretty sure you are far more likely to die in an accident than you are to violent crime.

And random homicides are almost non-existent. Most people that die from homicides weren't minding their own business. They were sticking their nose somewhere it wasn't wanted and pissing people off.

Do you mind your own business? Yes? Well, good then, you shouldn't worry so much. Just be aware of your surroundings, as others have already said.

MIT and slow.rider Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The crowd supports violence & rioting, that's why they showed up at a riot.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You really are badly mistaken. Hundreds of innocent children all across the US are killed every year from flying lead from gunfights they were not even a part of. Right here in my apartment, there are 3 mothers that have lost children over the last 4 or 5 years one was a daughter just sitting on a bench eating ice cream. Three hoods decided to take target practice in Norfolk one of the hoods shot her by accident While this is not technically homicide you get my point. I suggest you read and research!

Bean Jr. and tscottme Thank this.
  5. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    There are more shot on a weekend in Chicago. Do some research, the Ottomans Turks conducted Ethnic Cleansing.

6. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Cute semantics, assuming it was a riot when they showed up, which most of the time it wasn't. In fact most of the time it still wasn't a riot even after somebody lit a fire.

7. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Chicago is a much bigger city. Do some research, when the objective is to remove an entire ethnicity, it's ethnic cleansing. Or at least it's much closer to ethnic cleansing than "urban renewal", since urban renewal doesn't involve murder or arson.

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal or extermination of ethnic, racial and/or religious groups from a given area, often with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Im talking about someone that intentionally sets out to kill someone, just because... at random. I am not badly mistaken at all. Homicides with no motive are almost non-existent comparatively speaking. Meaning people who are minding their own business..

Even accidental deaths like stray bullets are extremely rare. 100s of children per year in a country of over 300 million is an extremely small number. Not trying to argue against the horror of those children's deaths... I am talking about just the chances. They are very, extremely small. A truck driver should be more concerned about dying in an accident, than dying to some random freak homicide occurence.

9. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I'm literally more concerned with falling off my deck while securing a load than I am of some random thing happening to me. I tell myself to slow down, and what happens next? I'm climbing onto my bulk head so I can jump onto the load from the bulkhead.

One of these days, it's gonna happen...

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Right! I've already fallen out of my trailer and hit the side of my rib cage on the ledge of the trailer as a I fell, and I bounced off it. It hurt like a SOB for about 2 weeks. There was a dark grey mark on my left side.

I just got in a hurry, for stupid reasons... and it was raining outside so the ledge was slick.

Yes, I imagine that flatbeds are even worse because there's even less to try and hang on to. :eek:

11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I remember in truck driving school the #1 injury drivers have are from trying to exit their truck. It's harder to exit than climb in. There's an awkward turning maneuver (with your body) you have to do. And most accidents happen in truck stops.

Even still, when comparing that to violent crime, still you are far more likely to die to in an accident on the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.