who do you use for legal services?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by blackpea, Feb 13, 2015.

1. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Also moving violations from a city or county cop do NOT go on your PSP. Not yet anyway!

:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I've been fighting the Illinois State Police for more than a year over an overweight ticket they issued that had an appearance date on a legal holiday. They tried to get the date changed, but the Court denied the request and dismissed the citation without prejudice. Even with a copy of the Court Order showing the dismissal on my PSP, the ISP refuses to remove it.

4. EZ Money

That sucks! Should be a no brainer for them to remove it.

Have you called the number listed on the Data-Q website?
    It will be listed on the dispute page once you open the dispute.

That puts you through to the Illinois State police that handles the corrections on PSP.
    I had to have a court certified copy that my case was dismissed and it took 2 tries to get it done.

They act like it kills them to type a couple things into a computer!....

5. DenaliDad

You would think they would have the records available to review. I did dispute it, which is how I got the document--I wrote to the Court asking for it and they mailed a hard copy back. That's what I sent them, but they were very quick to deny my first request because I didn't have the document. And the Illinois State Police sergeant that wrote the denial wrote worse than my children.

6. EZ Money

The Sergeant from TN called me! I had uploaded the court document through the Data-Q page and they denied it because it was not certified.
    You would think they could make a dang call to the Clerk of Courts....Geeze!
    I had to get another copy but "certified" by the Clerk......bunch of BS!

They are fast to close it on the website too.....I kept opening another dispute!

7. DenaliDad

There must be some kind of financial benefit to keep them open. Well, at least I know I have another year to fight!!

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Turn any tickets I get over to my company. They have contacts in most areas to fight any tickets.

9. blackpea

blackpea Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2015
    thanks everyone for your responses! I looked online and find a couple local atty's that I will call Monday and see what they can do for me!
    blackpea

10. EZ Money

Good luck and don't be shy,
    Ask the lawyer if he can make it vanish! If you don't get a YES,call around and talk to a couple more.

11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I got a speeding ticket a while back quite near the delivery point. I told my story to the consignee and he put me in touch with a friend that works at the court. The friend gave me the name of a lawyer that's in that court alot. I contacted the lawyer and told him I was referred by so and so from the court. That's how my 72 in a 55 became a parking ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.