Who has just moved the sign at the Loves Tire Pass?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ethos, May 19, 2016.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I'm starting to like the Tire Pass. Even when the sign is up in the middle of the night I just move it and get fuel. The other night, trucks were stacked 3 deep and the Tire Pass lane was wide open except for a little sign. They even had a piece of paper taped to it that said " Do Not Move", but, being the rebel I am, I moved it and fueled. I have been doing this for months and nobody has said a word.

I have noticed that even when the sign isn't up, drivers avoid it. Don't get me wrong, it is probably the dumbest idea I have ever seen but there are benefits.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Haha, we will be getting dirty looks from other truckers but at least not for long, we will be fueled up and out of there before they can even wag their finger.

horsecrazychic22 and ethos Thank this.
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I swear I am the only one doing it, I've seen nobody else do it. If you guys see a Trimac truck in the Tire Pass lane late at night, it's probably me, come by and say hello!

5. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I've seen others move it & fuel & move it back. I saw a guy with a big grin on his face because he knew he was being sneaky. I just laughed. I just stayed waiting for the guy in front taking 20 minutes fueling both tanks drop by drop to get as much in his tanks. That's the type of driver that ticks me off - and they know they're being slow!

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    They probably see the tanker and figure special privilege or something. Some drivers are not the brightest bunch.

horsecrazychic22, 91B20H8 and ethos Thank this.
  7. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    This why I love fueling at like 2-3 AM and running at night. None of these shenanigans and nobody cares if you sit there and take your 30 min break either because there is nobody behind you TO care. (Not like there would be anywhere easy to "park" in the middle of the night anyway...)

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I fill up that way and if you don't like it, tough nuts. :)

horsecrazychic22 and wore out Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Hell I'm gona start parking there ! Then head inside with a boombox and sleeping bag and hang a do not disturb sign on the shower door .

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  10. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Be careful when fueling like that. I have seen once a guy that did that was leaking diesel out of his overflow drain hose afterwards.

Yves kanevil and horsecrazychic22 Thank this.
  11. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Theres an overflow hose?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.