Who has just moved the sign at the Loves Tire Pass?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ethos, May 19, 2016.

1. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I hate loves
    Tirepass socks and lot is laid out to minimize the number of drivers parking at night. I only patronize a love if it's life or death...or if u really want some chesters chicken :biggrin_255:

MrEd and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I like the rewards program. My 400 dollar GPS was bought in full with points, my new cooler too.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

I do it all the time. Even the ones that now have the chain across. I have like 3 or 4 free tire passes owed to me. If they say anything.. I'd just say Oh good.. I need my air checked. No one ever has.

Hurst

horsecrazychic22 and ethos Thank this.
  5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    My plan is to act like I don't know what the tire pass is. Have them explain it to me. By the time they get done I should be too. Then just say no thanks and hit the road.

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I only fill up until the fuel reaches the top of the inner filler neck. That still leaves plenty of space for any expansion.

7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    The ones that irritate me are guys who stand there watching the fuel hose in his tank.. then when done... he finally decides its a good time to wash his windows, clean the bugs off his fenders, check the air pressure.. yup.. had a guy start airing up his tires after fueling.. right there in front of me.. like he is testing how far he can take it before I go in my side box and just bash his skull in with my cheater bar.

Hurst

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    The only time I've been intentionally slow is when I had that guy get in my face about me taking to long and he had barely got behind me.

9. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Lol, I cram that extra 10-15 gallons in to get as many rewards points as possible. :) If it were my own truck I probably wouldn't do that, primarily because it splatters fuel all over the top of the tanks and makes a mess, and also because if you're paying for the fuel it may be a waste of money to cram the tanks full if it's an "expensive fuel" state like Pennsylvania or Oregon.

10. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I would have told him something but he looked like someone's grampa so I didn't feel like I needed to be disrespectful to anyone's grandpa. And yea, I also waited for him to grab his arbys when I was done fueling since I had a truck waiting behind me. Obviously, I was very patient that day.

horsecrazychic22 and bzinger Thank this.
  11. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Yall keep spilling fuel on the pavement I keep slipping everytime I get out the truck.

Mntrucker91, Roberts450 and Salad Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.