Who has just moved the sign at the Loves Tire Pass?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ethos, May 19, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lmao ...after I hang out the do not disturb sign I'll call for pizza delivery .

horsecrazychic22 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    The next time I get dirty looks by running in the left hand lane into the Laredo Border patrol check point to avoid the three mile back up of trucks mindlessly trotting in the granny lane, I will simply think of this thread and go "well at least I don't move the sign at the loves!" lol.

Speaking of the tire pass. I actually fueled a LOVES like a month ago and I noticed the pump didn't take my card and I didn't get any points. Anyhow, while the lady behind the counter figured it out she said, "wow you have TEN tire pass credits. That's alot!" So if ya'll need some tire pass credits and you see a grumpy guy in a (company name redacted) shirt hit me up. Ha.

unloader

horsecrazychic22 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Yes, they're great. I tip those guys. They should convert it into a full service Lane. What do you guys think about that? That way I just card the machine and relax my mind a little from being over stressed.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  5. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Full service would have it's benefits. For one, there'd be no sleeping in the fuel aisle because the attendant would run you off as soon as you're done.

horsecrazychic22 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I pulled into the Pilot in Great Falls the other day and all the lanes were 2-3 deep waiting to fuel except one. This was because the truck was facing the wrong direction.

I recognized the truck from our shop and the driver waved me over in front of him. It was the National Guard truck and the DEF is on the passenger side of the truck. He came over and said.... I am not afraid to back out. Sooo I got faster fueling that night because he recognized one of our trucks.

7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    They typically don't block off the Tire Pass at the Clovis Loves, but many drivers will pile up the other lanes regardless. I just roll into it, get my fill, and down to the yard I go!!

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    That's a good thing. A thinner wallet won't give you back pain.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I've never been to one of these "Tire Pass" places.

What's the point of this "sign"? They don't like you fueling at night or something?

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Yeah, im thinking of doing that myself!

11. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Told a fella last week, hand you don't like this gear you really ain't gonna like the next one. Hows that. Ever hear of reverse I asked. He waited in quiet after that

PackRatTDI Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.