Who has tried Dorothy?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Dominion Transportation, May 29, 2017.

1. Dominion Transportation

Dominion Transportation Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Who here has tried Pittsburgh Power's newest egr cleaner device and will it void your factory warranty? As an aside,who has brought a truck with the New Cummins X15 Single Overhead Cam Motor and how do you like it so far?
    Link:
    Meet Dorothy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    That Dorothy thing is so new I thought the test rat guy was the only one to try it. He said good things about Dorothy for what it's worth. Checked out the website yesterday and looks like they're only taking pre-orders, it's unclear if any other than the first one are out there. Like you, I'm very interested in this product.

4. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Dang, they done found a whole new generation of the turd blow 3000D! That Dorothy thing looks about a scientific as the collection of fuel line fittings and hollow tube that Bruce and Kevin used to shill for under the Turbo 3000d name.

Hammer166, Tropsnart and passingthru69 Thank this.
  5. Dominion Transportation

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks Brian!, I didn't know the history behind the Turbo 3000d or the inventors! One of many reasons I post on this forum...I really like the ideas behind the new X15 Cummins motor, mainly the SOHC design. Have it in mind while Spec'ing a new Bolt Sleeper tractor...

Robert

6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    The concept of centrifugal cleaning is actually valid. But I'll admit that most the ones I've been around are a tad more complex than this. Cyclonic separation - Wikipedia

The issue I see with this unit is the drop through slot design. It would seem that soot particles are going to spend a lot of time in the main chamber rolling along the walls in the main exhaust flow. That's a lot of abrasion.

7. Dominion Transportation

Jul 3, 2013
    Combined without engine manufacturer warranty sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

8. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Yes, valid concept but I don't trust anything from Bruce or Kevin having been personally burnt by them once. My thoughts are the same for this as with the Turbo 3000d and many other miracle fix devices, if the engineering and results were as great as claimed by the aftermarket manufacturer why wouldn't the OEMs incorporate the design into their machines? Contrary to popular belief the OEMs want a reliable product, they get more out of having a solid reputation that they do out of service and replacement parts, especially since most of the replacement parts are from third party manufacturers and all the OEM does is manage sourcing and delivery, they don't really make much of a profit on them.

9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I hear you on PP. My only point was that at least this idea has solid science behind it, and is well used in industry, rather than magic pipe fitting aspect of the turdblo or ecotazmaplaz. Although if you look at the claims they are making, it's kind of claiming both sides of the fence.
    An increase in combustion efficiency normally means more temperature in the combustion chamber, not less. And that leads to higher NOx and therefore more DEF use. And that assumes removing a very small amount of soot effects combustion efficiency. The only obvious benefit to this is the soot removal (it's abrasive, and shouldn't be reintroduced to the intake stream.) The rest is just the typical snake oil tactic of throwing out bunch of claims that seem real on the surface, but have no basis in fact.

Not that I would ever think PP or Kevin would ever sell any snake oil. They would only push limbless reptilian lubricant, which is a much better product! </sarc>

10. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    We really need more than a thank button, you had me spitting coffee out my nose with the last line!!! Love it.

"Not that I would ever think PP or Kevin would ever sell any snake oil. They would only push limbless reptilian lubricant, which is a much better product!"

11. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Fortunately for me, I had just set my coffee down.......:D

brian991219 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.