Who is getting all this extra money for shipping into Canada?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by skipgears, May 25, 2021.

1. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    To me the sad part is talking to o/os that don't even know what their running costs are let alone any clue as to what the market is doing. The information is available only takes effort.

I don't mean to come off as a total a-hole. I get your point and it pisses me off too when load brokers try to drive down my rate but that is the business I got into and I can choose not to deal with them if I feel they are trying to screw me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    I dont run my own authority My self but I understand what your saying. Esp when we don't have fixed costs except maybe insurance. But your biggest expense(fuel) fluctuates through out the month you have to plan for a variance

What bugs me about brokers os they will shot gun a load out and give it to the lowest bidder. And guys who arnt maintaining their trucks proper are low balling amd taking these loads amd crashing other rates in the process.

4. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    I'm not independent either. I am at Landstar so it's pretty close.
    Yep you are right but that's not the brokers fault the broker doesn't know how the maintain their equipment beyond safety scores. It is too easy to go out and buy a truck Without any kind of knowledge on how to manage it.
    Take these forums for example there is a wealth of information here and yet you see it all the time people won't invest the time to research the many great threads on starting up and how to make money in this industry.

MSQUARED Thanks this.
  5. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Contemplated going to landstar a for a go. Alot of unknown with it or shall I say uncharted area hahahaha. Bit I know they pay in USA funds which is good, or was good until the dollar started falling

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.