Who is Hiring right now?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bigpapa7272, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolling18

Rolling18 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I can relate
    my company went from 9 driver to 2 in 4 months!! me beiing the latest..

as I see it, as more companys let people go, driving truck is a default or fall back job because it known for generally good pay for little work effort..
    and easy to get.. thats why such a flood of new people/ and immigrants (they flock to the trans portation industry) whens the lat time you seen a cab driver w/.o an accent??? lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harley02

harley02 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2008
    cleveland ohio
    anyone know what terminal or warehousing is located in cleveland ohio

4. .357magnum

.357magnum Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Holmes Pa
    Hmmm sounds like I'll sit on unemployment for a while. At least till after the new year.
    I guess I did'nt consider all the people who are in the same boat. Getting depressed for the holidays. Think I'll take the time to get my HAZ-MAT and doubles, maybe it will give me a little edge, or not. Dam this sucks!
    If I sound like a whiner.........well I won't whine anymore.

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    We're truckers, we whine. If it's not about the company, it's about the shipper or the receiver, or the weather, or the roads, or the traffic . . .

:biggrin_255:

6. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Don't feel bad,I'm waiting over a month now too!

Birdeye:biggrin_25510:

7. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Well after over 3 weeks talking with Swift, looks like i'll be starting my 3 day orientation 1/13/09 out of Syracuse,NY! I will know all the final details next Monday as far as definitely having the spot and bus ticket info. It was harder finding this job then actually doing it I believe! Good luck to all of you out there still looking. Happy Holidays to you all and current truckers be safe out there, especially if your in my neck of the woods in New England with all this snow!

Birdeye:biggrin_25520:

8. schlepper004

schlepper004 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    dude, if you have a new license and no experience, dont sit on it too long, as many companies wont hire you two months after your graduation... they figure you start to forget some of what you learned.

Roehl- has two month policy
    Trans-Am trucking- has a 30 day policy.

just a heads up....

9. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I just graduated from Roadmaster, I have 2 offers one from Stevens, one from Werner. Stevens is my first choice but they dont have an opening for orientation till 2/15/09 Werner offered orientation starting 01/07/09. I cant really afford to wait till Feb 15th so somebody suggested I start with Werner to make a little money and get some experience and if I dont like Werner, then tell them I have to quit for personal reasons. Then I should go to Stevens on 2/15.

What do you guys think?

10. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Take the Werner job. My gut tells me that come the Jan 1st, we will be reading about allot of guys on here "not" going to orientation. As there will be some serious hiring freezes as the new fiscal year starts.

Just my .02

Mike

11. LightBulb

LightBulb Light Load Member

Watkins and Shepard holds its 30 day school in Missoula MT...After reading what I have on here I highly recommend our company...The companies that are hiring newbs all pay about the same but the miles aren't there... Your looking at 1 to 2 runs a week with mediocre length and terrible training at those companies... I make a good rate for my experience, have a well maintained truck and get to deal with great co-workers (often face to face)...When I want to get home, they get me home. Often my routed miles take me to my doorstep. Meaning I get paid the extra miles on my trip to get me home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.