who is still driving for 16.50 per hour ?)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tytyexpress, Jul 12, 2021.

1. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    No shortage of flakes who will truck for buttons,,,just dangle some swank long schnauzer unit keys in front of them then work ‘em like a rented mule.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I’m shocked being the only person on TTR not earning $100K annually with weekkends off and 12 paid stat and 4 weeks paid holiday on top

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Not the first person has attacked you in this thread. However, your arrogance will likely result in you being a short-term member of this forum.

5. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    My wife and I are taking a job with Inland Express to learn LTL. It pays .50 cpm to me and .42 cpm for her. But will go to.65 over time. But neither of us have driven in the last 10 years. We feel good about the company so we're doing orientation tomorrow.

ABL trucking counter offered with.
    5000 team miles on dedicated run
    .62 cpm
    Weekends off
    $3000 per driver sign on bonus
    Change policy to allow our cats.
    We turned it down because we want LTL.

I'm in Utah so I don't know what other parts of the country are paying but with the lack of willing workers now is the time to look for opportunities.

Rideandrepair and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. tytyexpress

tytyexpress Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2021
    I'm really sorry if you are feeling attack !) Excuses and excuses ! I'm up A lot / mucho mucho for higher rate for drivers and reasonable compensation for Executive ! Those guys get the best piece of the pie ! With all printed and still printing greens
    rates should be at least up 25% ! but Listen nothing perfect in the world !))) Be safe !

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    That wasn’t an attack. You should realize with your vast life experience.

I should have worded my response better meaning one can go demand higher pay and get laughed out the door. Not meaning you. It worked for you, that’s definitely not the norm.

And you did come off arrogant/super truckerish/ I know more because I’m older. Your rebuttal to my post pretty much painted the picture.

You won’t be banned because your new here. You’ll be banned from your posts. If your arrogance can’t let you see what’s wrong……well I got nothing for you.

Now I gotta get back to the old folks home. Today is craft day and we are making doilies. I’m also handing out free denture cream.
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T yo elders.

8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Not as much pay as say Old Dominion, but for not have driven in such a long time it gets your foot in the door. Are they making you do any re-training?

scott180 Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Joey will be here long after you have been sent to ttr hell .

QuietStorm, Lonesome and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I will take the time to give the low down on things here and hopefully you can assimilate.
    ...I too have had my hand slapped by the mods btw and having been here a few days I can tell you that for the most part we are we respect each other and if you see something you don't like ignore it or hit the ignore button on the member .
    Senior members here get irked when new members appear and think they are gonna rule the roost and be rude or condescending...that don't fly here and most get banned.
    I think you have some things to offer but since the mods cleaned house here a few years ago things are more peaceful here and being a bully isn't tolerated, when you go after a tenured member you will likely stir the ire of other members
    Be nice and we will be to you .

Knucklehead, TB John, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.