Who is this super trucker?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by iceman32, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I posted this in another thread:
    The question has been asked "Why are black people rioting and looting?".

That is the wrong question.

We should be asking "Why should they not?"

Civil society is based on the social contract. We behave in certain ways because we, as a collective, have decided what is "Acceptable". Some of those societal norms are codified in law, others are unspoken agreements. When a person acts contrary to the social contract there are comeuppances. Over time social norms change, but the underlying social contract is there. It is written into our Constitution. It is expounded on in the Federalist Papers and in the writings of Jefferson, Adams, and Madison. As one reads the writings of our Founders they will find the influence of Voltaire, Hobbes, Locke, Adam Smith, Montesquieu, Descartes, and Rousseau.

While each has his own belief in the best structure of society and how best to maintain it there are central themes. Chief among those themes is that the greatest threat to a state is if a sizable group believes the state no longer has an interest in protecting the rights/privileges of that group. When that happens, the social contract has failed. One of two things will occur - a police state or a revolution.

Looking at history we find copious examples of this - Jack Cade, Thomas Wyatt, the Wolfe Tones, the Fenians, the Molly Maguires, the Sons of Liberty, the Luddites, the IRB, the Paris Communes, and Prague Spring just to name a few. If society does not act to provide redress then violent rebellion will continue to foment regardless of how mercilessly such rebellions are put down.

It has been almost 4 years since the shooting of Philando Castile. Since then, what has changed about the way the MSP PD acts? What reforms have been completed?

What would the narrative be if the murder of George Floyd had not been filmed?

How long would you wait for equal treatment?
    All of the deaths and destruction that is occurring right now is a tragedy. None of it is right, none of it is justified.

Yet this is what happens when the social contract fails. Jack Cade raised his rebellion in Kent because of the corruption and abuse of power by local officials. He went on to sack the City of London and London Tower before accepting terms - pardons and promises of reform. Neither proved forthcoming. As the War of the Roses began, Kent was vital to Richard of York's early victories. You can see some similarities between Jake Cade's Rebellion and modern times. Growing inequities in wealth, lack of justice, abuse of power which led to rebellion and reform; reform proved to be short lived so revolution happened.

And remember what Jefferson said:
    "And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Please do some research. If you can show me a scholarly article that shows police profiling white people because of there skin color, please do.

4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    I've been profiled twice, and I'm so white frosty puts his shades on when he sees me coming.

You probably won't find any research into white profiling, because when it happens to us, it's cops just doing their job. When the same cops, do the same thing, for the same reasons, to some people who are of a different ethnicity, it's because the cops are bigoted racists, who just want to kill minorities.

It's a difference of perception, and it's mostly the elite political class and media who is to blame, imo.

The left depends heavily on the black vote. It needs to keep those communities dependent on government handouts, so they will keep voting for the hand that gives them. In order to maintain the status quo, any policies that are designed to get these people out of poverty are stifled, and anyone who supports them is called every vile thing under the sun. Wherever there is a high level of poverty, there's a high level of crime. Where the crime goes, the cops go. So a high level of poverty leads to a higher level of police interaction, which is going to be negative because the cops are looking for criminals.

The right, mostly doesn't concern itself directly with these people. If they're not going to vote for you, regardless of what you do, it doesn't make sense to spend political capital there.

These communities are generally found in cities that have been dominated by one political party for generations. Keep doing what you've been doing, and you'll keep getting what you've been getting.

The media thrives on sensationalism. A police department having one bad cop, does not sell as well as every cop in the country is a racist dirtbag. The media will call cops heroes one day, and scum the next. It's all about what sells.

5. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    :D:D:D

My handle used to be Snowman. Because.
    I'm big.
    I'm white.
    And I melt in the sun.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  6. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Never happen. Doesn't fit the narrative.

I used to get stopped frequently by the police and I'm white. I always fit a description of somebody doing something. I wish I could of met that other 6' 2" white hick in a old Chevy pickup driving around Oakland or the San Jose hills. He seemed to get in alot of trouble.

Muddydog79 and tommymonza Thank this.
  7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Come to Naples Florida and be out driving around after midnight.

You fit every description white green red or black.

scott180 Thanks this.
  8. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    You have not been racially profiled.

You may have been profiled for other things, but not because you are white.

The problem isn't the one bad cop in a department. Its the 15 others who know he is a bad cop and tolerate him.

How many of Ronald Watt's tactical team were disciplined? They all knew - or should have known - what was happening? How many of his supervising officers were disciplined? How many of the prosecutors he lied for faced repercussions?

9. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Show me the stats on who police make contact with and the outcome of that interaction. You can get the information with a simple FOIA request.

Until studies like this stop coming out, I'm going to believe racial profiling exisists.

New Evidence of Racial Profiling on Florida Roadways

10. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Change your old pickup to a Cadillac sedan and see how frequently you get stopped.

How many of the times you were stopped did they put you in handcuffs amd search your truck? How many times did you leave with a citation that wasn't warranted?

Look at Central Park Karen - she was breaking the law, and when called on her actions she threatened to call 911 and tell them "an african american man is threatening me". No description of his hight, his clothes, just an african american man.

She might not be a racist. But in that moment she used race to gain priveledge. She used the police as a weapon because of what she believed about the relationship between the police and black people.

We have a policing problem in this country that extends beyond race.

Black people have borne the brunt of that problem for decades.

11. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Dude, really? Stop using excuses to justify criminals. It is what it is. Show me a white entertainment television, or a miss white america, or a white history month. You dont see those because whites do not use the race card. If you want to be treated equally, dont put youself on a pedestal by making other races feel inferior.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.