Who knows the Bridge Law....or thinks they do?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Aug 4, 2011.

1. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Semitrailer, under CA for example will be a red dot that says 38' max kingpin from center of rear axle on single axle and 40' on 2 or more axle. Or WV- 53' with distance between rear tractor and front trailer not more than 37', trailer no more than 41' from kingpin to rear axle. its in the boxes just have to decipher them.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I'm seeing decrepancies between this and 2012 Rand McNally. What do you think? Could this be outdated?

4. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    the bridge law is another useless p.o.s. regulation that needs to be the same across all US states. too much crap to keep up with, just like the weight limit allowances. TN gives you 1000 pounds variance on the tandems and drives, anything over that its ticket time then you can readjust. GA will let you move the load in the trailer, but no tandem sliding. VA will let you adjust with no ticket as long as you can do it in 2 hours i believe, unless the scale master is just pissed off. those are the 2 things i wish were set in stone all the way across the USA.

5. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    there is some discrepancy between this list and Rand McNally. The atlas does not list a kinpin law for GA but they were spot checking trucks the other week for the 41 foot setting. I never knew GA had a kingpin law. Still can't find it anywhere on any state website, this list is the only one I've seen.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.