who opened all the scales

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by shatteredsquare, Nov 17, 2018.

1. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    from Seattle to Salt Lake City i think i only got green lighted past one scale. I'm bobtailing back to texas. not even on a load, have prepass. The only scale that didn't beep me red was one little outhouse in the mountains of Oregon, but it was even open too. In 3 years driving Seattle-Texas I've never seen all of these scales open, much less been beeped in. Even the Oregon/Washington border scales beeped me in red. BOBTAIL. I bet the states get paid per how many trucks they send through the scales huh. I don't think a single scale was closed the whole way Seattle to Salt Lake City.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I left Seattle yesterday and I'm in SLC now. All eastbound Washington scales was closed, the Umatilla, Oregon scale was open... The mountain Oregon scale was boarded up, 1 Idaho scale was open as was Utah... I got red lighted on everyone.

Shock Therapy and shatteredsquare Thank this.
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Wednesday was the middle of the month. So now its past the that, winter weather is starting to come in a bit more, then the holidays, the opportunity for revenue generation is reducing, so better get it while you can.

5. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    i raced the norther out of Laramie this morning at 1am. I won. I'm not going back up there till march.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many scales do that, even when they're closed. It makes them look busy on paper. Many also photograph every truck that is directed into the scale area, even if they get a bypass light after entering the scale area.

7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I see Elk Mountain is closed... Lucky you got through early.

shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Could be , many yrs ago the gal at the ks scale on 70 co/ks line told me they get paid for every one.

9. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I've noticed that the Idaho Inkom southbound scale is closed promptly at 5pm, except on Fridays. The only conjecture I have is to catch some of the "gotta get home for the weekend" crowd.

Oregon was on a "required chains" check kick earlier this month. Washington is normally schizophrenic in enforcement and nothing surprises me there...

10. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Every time ur prepass goes off green or red they get money

11. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    That's crazy. Almost all FL scales are open 24/7 365. Friday I came in I10 east bound then I75 south to Palmetto. About 525 miles in FL. 2 agriculture coops & 3 regular weigh stations. The ag's were open, but only 1 of the 3 weigh stations was open. Never see that here.

I did get run down by a statey the day before on US90 near Gray, LA. Got a level 2 on the side of the road. Trooper even gave me a compliment for keeping my 26 year old truck on the road..

Honestly, he seemed relieved to be handed paper logs too..

Shaggy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.