Who sends detention terms and conditions prior to a load?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by scoobertdoo, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I Sat for 2 Days ONCE in Texas, T/A, X 501, I-20, becuz the One Person Dispatch Looked At A Good Load But Called The Number Of The One Below.
    At Least It Wasn't Winter, So I Simply Reset.
    She Did The Same Thing whilst I Was In SLC, So. Cal., North East, Chiraq, and of course where all the HOT-N-HEAVY LOADS get Booked, Orlando to Jacksonville, Florida.

CHEERS!!

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I run from a good area and get a rate that gets me back to that same area round-trip with my AP agreed to in writing or I just don't accept the haul. Sitting stuck in places begging for a load and getting jerked around by brokers isn't something I find enjoyable.

D.Tibbitt and Eldiablo Thank this.
  4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    There are so many ways you can run your business. The guy above is polar opposite from me. I'm pretty sure he has me on ignore but doesn't matter, here's the way I run my business. I have my policy in my head. I know what I'm going to agree to and not and every day on the spot market for 4+ years I've honed my negotiating skills. When I drop the ball I lose money, same as everything else in life. Same for brokers too.

I leave the house with one goal. I have a money goal I want to reach within a certain timeframe, generally Mon-Thurs/Fri. I do NOT like to sit. I'd rather get a load that makes me a good living and keep the wheels rolling until the goal is made. Once again, polar opposite from above. I like to drive the truck with freight on it, not sit around bickering with brokers. Coincidentally, brokers like to sell loads and move on to the next and not sit around arguing with picky carriers.

See? Just two different business models. Mine keeps me generally busy and pays well. His keeps him sitting more waiting for a big payday. They both work in this business.

For this reason I don't bother with a written policy that the type of brokers I work with aren't going to agree with anyway. Waste of my time.

Crusader66, Siinman and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.