Who ships to Puerto Rico, has there been an uptick of volume?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Infosaur, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

My wife is worried sick about people in Puerto Rico. The idiots on the news don't help. I know they only just cleared San Juan harbor of debris yesterday so I'm hoping the supplies will start flowing in the next few days.

FYI: I already stumbled across THIS page. Coast Guard 7th district (southeast & USVI)

District 7

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    By law, Crowley and Tote are the only two shipping companies that sail there.....

4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    They got 10,000 containers sitting on the pier and and no trucks to move them out. Or no drivers more specifically.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Yeah and here I sit, CDL in hand trying to figure out who a guy's gotta call.

Give me a rig, & a plane ticket and I'll give 'em 4 weeks until some of the locals can get back on their feet.

I felt like I had to do something during the flooding in Houston while my primary client mis-schedules shipments and has full trailers picking up partial loads "because Tuesday!" Add to that my wife's family is from PR I wanna do something besides cutting checks to the Red Cross.

6. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Operative term is "RIG"....the local owner operators have been either flooded out or there are no serviceable roads and even then, "DIESEL"....

It's been pretty evident that for the last week, what they've really needed are heavy lift helicopters....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.