Who to work for?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by mud23609, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    That is the question. Well that and what to do. Water? Oil? Sand?

I have decided I do not want to go through another Northern WI winter running line haul so I put my notice in at work and will be ready to head south the first week of December.

I do have a camper I will be dragging down with me and a dog as well so I am only looking for home daily type work with day shift strongly preferred. I work nights now but would rather work days after this if I can.

No oilfield experience but I do have 2.5 years of class A and about 1.5 years of class B experience along with hazmat, tank, and doubles endorsements (and some experience with all three of them).

What outfits should I look at working for? And what kind of work should I be looking at? Also where should I go. New Mexico? Midland/Odessa? Oklahoma?

My ideal job would be a low stress job where once I get the hang of things I am left alone to do my job. And I also want one that keeps my busy. I hate waiting, and I hate sitting but I do not want to be rushed much either. I'm a show up, grind it out and get it done then go home type of driver.

Where I go doesn't matter as long as it is far enough south to not have a real winter and its west of the Mississippi. I do not need a big town with amenity's. Just a place to park with hook ups for my camper, a good company to work for, and biggest check each week i can get for that work on a w2. I am looking to make money while I am there not play.

With that in mind who do you recommend I call and what types of jobs do you recommend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    long hours good pay all the work that you can do. Salt water hauling. Any where West or south Texas

4. Los Evas

Los Evas Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2018
    West Texas & south new Mexico water hauling or oil or sand .good money right now as long as you're not lazy and willing to run hard when the wells are going well

5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.