Who uses uber/lift ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Oct 19, 2019.

1. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Similar to what happened in San Antonio and others when Uber and Lyft pulled out to oppose background and fingerprint laws. Authorities will crack down, god help someone if there is a crime committed.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It has been. Over and over again. The tractor trailer sits pretty ready for bunking if need be.

Small car eliminates the aggravating dispatcher wondering what that dot is doing moving around deep in Baltimore City...

4. Mike Hardin

Mike Hardin Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I use Uber frequently when I take my truck to the terminal for service, to get back to my pov at my regular DC. My company is good about reimbursing me for that. Also if I park the truck near my home I'll sometimes Uber to the house or back if my wife isn't available to pick me up. The company doesn't pay for that.

I've never had a hard time parking at a Walmart long enough to shop. I think it's the 10 hour breaks they are cracking down on.

Once, when I was almost out of hours, I even parked at a Cheddar's. I went inside and ate. Then when I went to bed I taped the receipt in the driver's window so they would know I patronize them. No one woke me up.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Mike Hardin

Nov 10, 2019

I got to work one morning and realized I had my wife's car keys in my pocket. I called an Uber to drive 20 miles to take her keys back home.

Yeah, I'm a local driver. I'm home most nights

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Mike Hardin

Nov 10, 2019
    Front door.

And I highly recommend a good set of resistance bands for truck stop workouts. They are cheap, light, portable, and effective.

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.