Who would you buy from?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by 217flatbedr, May 8, 2024.

1. 217flatbedr

217flatbedr Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Who have you used or would use to purchase a properly aligned, converted, tuned radio? Several tuners show up consistently on YouTube, for example all demonstrating their setups complete with power output via meters, analyzers etc.

In contrast there’s a common, collective stance on which tuners/shops to stay away from.

I’m interested in purchasing an SR 447hpc2. I admit I don’t know what I don’t know. Radio will be run in a 389 with an antenna setup that’s behind the sleeper. Current SWR readings with a Hustler HQ 27 are 1:4 and lower.

I’m sure I’m missing some important info and will fill in any info should this inquiry gain interest. TIA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Anyone who will send you a radio in a factory sealed box and don't claim to be a tuner or wood butcher.

4. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    That's a good antenna your using and a decent SWR, I wouldn't try to get it any lower. I've never bought a new radio and then had it aligned, so I have no experience with what shop to use. If I had the need for speed, I would use Mike's radio repair. But unfortunately Mike seems to have disappeared. He had a lot of great videos on YouTube, but then he quit making them. He did mention once that he is going to do service work repairs for a radio company (can't remember the name), so maybe he got too busy. Or Mr fine tune started making dumb kiddy videos about him, so maybe Mike decided it wasn't worth making anymore videos. Who knows what happened. So the next tech I would use would be Screwdriver from Bells CB. He has a lot of videos showing his work too. The best choice is to just use the radio stock as Ridge mentioned.

217flatbedr Thanks this.
  5. High Stepper

High Stepper Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    Scotts radios. He posts youtube videos doing the work on his test equipment and does a good job. I have a stryker 497 from him that performs very well.

Here is a video he made two weeks ago doing an alignment on a Stryker 447.

Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Oxbow and 217flatbedr Thank this.
  6. Night Stalker10

Jun 26, 2017
    That's not the best video to advertise his business. That's a pretty expensive radio to have nicks or scratches in the front bezel. I assume Scott told the customer about the damage to the front bezel before he worked on it. Even though it's nothing major, I still wouldn't have excepted that radio, unless he gave me a nice discount, and even then I'm not sure if I would have taken it. Hopefully he reported it to the factory and got some kind of a refund for it.

rabbiporkchop and 217flatbedr Thank this.
  7. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Dr. BOB South Plains electronics Lubbock, Texas.

217flatbedr Thanks this.
  8. High Stepper

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    Don't really know why you replied to me since my post was directed to the original poster. You are free to buy whatever you chose..I could have chosen a different video of him tuning various Stryker radios, I just wanted to show @217flatbedr his work and this was the most recent.

To the OP I am very happy with my Stryker 497. It has great receive, gets compliments and can talk skip very well when conditions allow.

217flatbedr Thanks this.
  9. Night Stalker10

Jun 26, 2017
    Yes I know you were replying to the OP, people comment to other people's post all the time. I was just posting my opinion about Scott's radio putting out a video about an expensive radio (probably $400 with mods) that was damaged. I've never seen a brand new radio out of the box that had the front bezel damaged by a factory worker. Usually it's a shipping issue.

10. High Stepper

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    Ok, great.

11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Aliexpress Right off the boat from china in a sealed box, untouched by human hands.
    Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
    $261.13 | AnyTone AT-6666 10 Meter Radio High Power 15W/45W/60W 40CH Mobile Transceiver SSB(PEP)
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKIn0cY

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.