Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    What can I say but great post, Burky. You were able to say everything that I have wanted to say everytime I've replied to one of Tip's theory threads. I envy your tactfulness, and use of the English language to get this rational thought down in text. Once again, GREAT POST!

There are bad companies out there, and there are bad drivers out there, but there are a lot more good companies and even better drivers. As I've said time and time again, it's all about the individual and how he/she can make any company work for their specific life situation. Anyone can make a success working for any company if they just put their nose to the grindstone and do what's asked of 'em.

As to the original purpose of this thread, the answer is simple. No, these companies don't care what's being said about them at any truck stop, on the CB, in the trucking magazines, or on any trucking website. All any major corporation in any industry cares about is the success of its business. That being said, corporate leaders such as C.L. Werner just want to see their stock value rise. That's how you live the American dream. And one thing that's not ever considered in this equation is how many jobs are created because of corporate execs like C.L. It's easy for us "little guys" to sit around the water cooler and bash the big wigs and call them heartless. The fact of the matter is, it's business, not personal. Don't take it so personally.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unionjack

Unionjack Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Nebraska City, NE
    U-Turns are illegal and dangerous. Many companies will tell you in Orientation that if you are caught doing a U-Turn you will be terminated.

Hill Brothers Transportation - Omaha, NE and Air Ride, INC - Swanton, OH will tell you during Orientation that U-Turns are No tolerance and you will be fired if you are caught.

4. joendeniese

joendeniese Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Dixie

Same with USF Glen Moore.

5. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    They are legal in AZ unless otherwise posted---including intersections. But, if you don't know what you are doing you can take out a fire hydrant!! LOL

6. DaveTC911

DaveTC911 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2007
    NW Indiana
    that Schneider is not on this poll!

They would have received ny vote.

7. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Did you get that epsiode where Oprah & Gail got behind an 'orange truck' that hogged the hammer lane..(hey, I don't watch regular, guys, honest, just was in Chicago & came on in the morn while unlding!!).

8. Aviator

Aviator Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    In response to your driver shortage-company treatment of drivers. Here is the straight scoop on this subject. Yes like the farming, mining, and aviation industies the trucking industy gets a lion's share of the government industrial subsidies they need to stay in business and propigate the abuses so widely recognized in the trucking industry! It's a fact of life your "tax payer" dollars support this nonsense! However there is a clear cost free remedy for all of this keep reading.

Yes I like TIP's idea to write or e-mail that new Speaker of the House Mrs. Nancy Pelosi (D) Maybe it would help maybe not since we have a 2 party system of government which by the way is only 1 party away from total dictatorship or communisim (think about that one folks!). The only way change will happen is if we the "effected ones" will do the following:

First off study how these charlitens (trucking executives) operate what makes them do what they do. Get a subscription to Transport Topics the ATA's official fish wrap newspaper.
    Next document those issues, spread the word through blogs such as this site.
    Next: Organize! Get together via the internet exchange addresses, phone numbers and set up working comitte leaders and setup an action plan. Be committed to the objective! Avoid the nay sayers. Stay FOCUSED!:toothy3:
    Start writing to every Senator/Congressman in the commitees the have power in such as the House/Senate Transportation Surface Comittee or the House/Senate Labor Comittee. This where you'll make a big difference! Show these people the facts of all of this malfecense and get them to cut off the government subsidies to the trucking industry. Keep your letters free of obscene gestures and be brief and to the point!
    Finally sent a letter to the editor through the ATA's news rag the Transport Topics and state from a driver's point of view why you strongly disagree with the issue of a industry wide driver shortage. Be point blank don't flinch and let it rip! Be counted! No patriot ever came out of a war with everything he had going in to that war! Stop your whining and FIGHT BACK! Be like me a constant pain in their backsides. Be like John the Baptist call a King a SPADE! and don't back down! If you have any questions as to who your elected officials are just go to the congressional web site put in your state and area or committee and you'll have the person you'll need in a nano-second. There is NO EXCUSE FOLKS! With the power of this internet at you finger tips! Lets turn 2007 into a year of positive change. Are you with me? :laughing5:

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Tip, if it will make you feel better, then by all means do it. If one were to follow through and be true to one's convictions, right or wrong, then that's plenty honorable.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You watch Oprah?!? You just dropped a few points on the manlyness scale.

11. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Alright, got caught, will cut off corner of my Man Card (sigh)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.