Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. justachic977

justachic977 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Denton, tx
    I had to say other simply because Schneider was not on the list. They dont pay crap no matter how many miles you run and they wanted my husband out another 3 weeks after being home only 3 days for the birth of my daughter. Needless to say he quit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. timbo356

timbo356 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2007
    The first time I read this message about a month ago, I didn't really think much of it. That was before I drove to Marshfield, WI (a long drive from my home in Tennessee) for school and back. As I was coming back home after graduating, with my nice shiny new CDL in my hand, I decided to get off the interstate somewhere in Indiana to stop for the night. Coming down the off ramp, I was shocked to see a bobtail go flying around me! He stopped at the end of the offramp and because shouting and cursing at me with a thick middle eastern accent for going down the ramp so slowly (yes, I was going slowly, I was reading the sign to see which way the motel was! But that's no excuse for his pummeling down an offramp at 50 mph!!)
    Point of the story, these guys do exist out there. I know... one nearly took my life Friday night!

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    You will see that drivers will exit to fast. The load will shift and on their side they go. Atlanta, Indy, I have lost track of how many I have seen on their side. Better to be safe and keep the rubber side down.:)

5. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    but let us not forget many drivers exit a highway way too fast, not just truckers.................agreed.............????

6. timbo356

timbo356 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2007
    whoops, never mind, wrong thread...

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Agreed, but I have never seen a 4 wheeler's load shift. Trucks can't slow down as fast as a 4 wheeler, but I agree with you.

8. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    hmmmmm.............

maybe not.............

but i HAVE SEEN a 4 wheeler towing a flat trailer from the local HomeDepot or Lowe's lose a load because he was going to fast down a ramp........funny too, as all that lumber/sheet rock was no destroyed......

i wonder what his wife said..........:smt082

9. disgusted

disgusted Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2007
    i cant say anything about swift or the other companies mentioned but i can say some bad crap about covenant ,and accelerated freight group,dont drive for either 1 of those 2 companies i just mentioned.

looneytunes

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    A lot of them don't even bother to strap it down. Unsecured load citations are steep.

11. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    I actually kind of liked driving for them, but I told them 2 weeks bfor my sis's wedding about it, and they didn't get me a load there. Also, I had my license suspended and they said when the suspension was up to come back and drive for them. Well, my suspension ended and I guess they had different thoughts the second time, so they don't hold true to their word!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.