Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I dhave to say Prime. That the biggest SCAM out there, Did anyone ever actually pay for a truck. I heard horror stories about "You need a new engine" and then swap it with someone elses or charge an overhaul or maybe not even do anything and charge that. They'''re crazed and stil get signups.:biggrin_2551:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Just passin thru.That is exactly why I have been posting negative posts on the lease purchase programs.:biggrin_25511:

4. AuthorAr

AuthorAr Bobtail Member

I went to the orentation in tennessee; The more the guy talked the more I realized this was a bad deal and I was going to be in a bad spot. I had several years in law enforcement before retiring and jumping into trucking, and my gut feeling never let me down. "if it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, hey its more-than-likely an idiot." I didnt even take a truck just went home. I knew better, glad I did after seeing all these post. 3 cheers for the guy who made this site.

5. jughead41

jughead41 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I think they all pretty much run neck and neck as far as "the worst company" Swift,Werner, England,etc, etc, etc. But just like to make sure you all dont forget this one........USA TRUCK...If you get a call from any usa truck recruiters save yourself alot of grief and just hang up right then and there , and forget they ever called you, LIES, LIES, LIES

6. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Georgia
    I called jb hunt one time to see what they had to offer,I never went to work for them,but for some reason their recruiters would not stop calling for a year or two.That is uncalled for, my thinking is if I did not like the package they had to offer why keep calling me. Driver should never give
    info to jb unless they plan on working there for sure. Too much harrassm
    ent about having a great job available that just came open..garbage..

7. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

I have nothing against werner (thought about working for them),Im not to hot on J B Hunt (AKA Just been hired under no training), but Ive been run off the highway twice by Swift drivers. The first time i was driving for a food company from west yellowstone to helena an got run off by bozeman, second time i was runnin flat bed a few years later and it happened again in iowa. When my nieghbor signed on with them last year he was excited, he only lasted about 2 months due to a bad trainer and "other reasons".
    thanx for listening
    B.T.W swift stands for Stop Watching Im Freaking Trying
    lol i have way to much time on my hands

8. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Companies like Swift don't have time to train a driver correctly. Their turnover is so high they can't afford to keep newbies in training for "too long". And too long for Swift is about three weeks. Besides, if they did train a driver correctly, another company would soon poach the driver (and his training), given the rotten apple that Swift is. Swift and all the companies like it run the worst meat markets around, and the more bodies they run through the grinder the better, at least for them.

Swift's skimping on training also means their trainers aren't trained right, so don't expect newbies to be trained even close to adequately in the little time they ARE with a trainer.

Speaking of TRAIN, maybe it's time Congress told Swift and Company "Your drivers are too dangerous for the highways, so we're putting your freight on trains for a month." That'd get those tightwads at Swift acting right.

9. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Sure Wish I'd Finished Training
    Sure Wish I had a Faster Truck

What else do we have for good old Swift?

10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    See What I Flattened Today :biggrin_255:

biggare1980 Thanks this.
  11. cruzer

cruzer Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Its been voted'..on CR England Trucking Inc. Salt Lake City Ut.
    Is rated as One of the worst TRUCKING COMPANYS'' The Truth shall be!
    Known.. Cruzer..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.