Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. MICHAELJAYCLARK

MICHAELJAYCLARK Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    passed a swift truck that was toped on I78 in pennsylvania. the freightliner roof was crushed and half the trailer gone.

never seen another

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Rash

Road Rash Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Northern Alabama
    I suspect Worst to work FOR is in my future, will let you know when I find them.

Worst to work NEAR has to be split into several catagories;

1: Worst TRAILERS - Seafreight and Railhead chassis'. Between the wobble wheels, far from legal tires and 4" web straps to compensate for broken lock pins. I understand these guys get paid by the "piece" and trailer repair is low priority for a steamship line or rail carrier - this still doesn't explain why a majority of the tractors are "sub-ghetto".

2: Worst SMELL - Bull Wagons (livestock in general). I get the "honorable profession" thing, why can't they get a "garden hose" thing? Enough said.

3: Worst EVERYTHING - Garbage haulers. I secretly cheer every time I see one of these guys on the side of the road signing a citation. These guys fly by like a NASCAR qualifier, equipment flapping in the breeze. And beat down equipment! If forced to guess I would have to assume that drivers have to pay for servicing this equipment - out of pocket style. Lets face it, more often than not, these rigs are giving garbage a bad name!

I'm not taking a shot at any drivers - we all have to work. This is just my observation of equipment as it passes me by. Please don't get me involved in the economics of maintenance, I have a Phd in driving by car and truck washes.

4. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    :biggrin_2556:What? Oh I get it you are stating your observations. WOW how insightful. Are your observations on less visible and tangible categories as enlightening as these obvious ones? This thread was a survey for truck drivers' opinion of who is the worst trucking company out there as an employer.

5. Road Rash

Road Rash Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Northern Alabama
    Certainly didn't mean to offend. After 33 pages of threads... Will try to toe the line in the future.

Good lookin out.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Easy, killer. Sure, that's the context I originally intended, but for Road Rash to misunderstand the way he did is at least concievable. I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll change the title.

7. Short Stack

Short Stack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Whispers,
    Thanks for the info on OOIDA.

8. Short Stack

Short Stack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Tip,
    So if I get this right, since this is all very new to me, I am "unemployable" in trucks, so I go to the local labor office and show DAC report which makes me unemployable, and ask for grant assistance to get training for another job, is that right?

I appreciate your input, I am in an arena which I am unfamiliar with and any and all advice is much appreciated. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

9. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Sorry, bad day was having some trouble with getting everything together to go to Roehl for cdl school. My bad. Please accept my apologies Road Rash.:biggrin_2557:

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Stack, I see you live in Tennessee, so the Vegas school may be something that's out of reach for you. If it's not, definitely check into it. Tennessee must have a heavy equipment training center out there somewhere.

As far as the labor board goes, simply go into the office and explain your situation. You probably need to bring some sort of bank information to prove you're indigent, something caused by your truck school training and your firing. No, I don't think your training school will pay your rent in the months ahead for you with that huge wad you dropped for (now useless) training, so you have to get some relief.

There is one potential problem, though. You aren't really "unemployable", as there are companies out there that will hire you. However, you want no part of those outfits. You are just unemployable with good companies. The board may turn its nose up to you for this reason.

Also, if Crete fired you outright, I'd file for unemployment while I'm at the labor board. They made the decision to let you go over questionable circumstances, so I think it's only fair they help you get back on your feet.

Like I said before....do NOT pay for more training out of your own pocket. Get the government to foot the bill. We all kind of have the government over a barrel in a way, as D.C. wants people off of welfare and working. Use that to get a free grant.

Best of luck, Stackie.

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Whispers, please forgive me if I sound like I'm preachin' to you. I don't mean to preach.

I will give you some advice, though. If you have any kind of temper at all, you should temper it. This will come in handy in the months ahead, as you'll be aggravated enough at least once a day to walk away. You can be pissed off, but don't cop attitudes with your upcoming dispatchers. Don't let your anger spill over into your Q-comm messages, phone calls, or in-person meetings. Doing so is a good way to get on somebody's #### list quick. And when you get on that list, life is not good. I know, as in the past I vented my anger on those whom I shouldn't have and probably got some bad treatment in return. I probably quit a company or two because of that bad treatment.

Good luck, brother.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.