Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    They will cut off anything or anybody going a millisecond slower than them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. handsomedave

handsomedave Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    It's about time I read someone with some basic common sense. I have never seen so many whiners in my life. :biggrin_1square6: If you work for say, Swift, and do your job, take care of the dispatcher and deliver product you'll be fine.
    I'd bet 90 % of the whiners never had to EARN a living. They have been complainers and cynics thier whole lives. Don't listen to losers because they want you to be a loser too. Rock on.

It's

4. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    I hear ya Tip and I agree with you. It's been a trying year and when this happened I kind of got frustrated. But everything has worked out and I am to start school with Roehl July 2nd. I know I have a sarcastic tendency and I will really work hard on it not to show in my communications. Sorry again.

5. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Hey Whispers,GOOD LUCK on your new venture.I know you are starting in with a good company.And just remember its just what you make of it.After reading a lot of your posts I am sure you will make out just fine.

6. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Thanks Road Dog. Only thing I'm sorry for it not being able to meet you on the road. Hope all is well with you. I'll have my laptop with me so I know you guys will keep me in line.:biggrin_25525:

7. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I never knew that babysitting was also part of being a truck driver. How does one take care of a dispatcher anyway, other then burying them up to their necks in sand and covering their heads in honey?:biggrin_2559:

I'm sorry, the dispatchers should take care of their drivers, not the other way around, because without drivers, a DM is going to be dispatching who? Someone to clean up a mess in isle 3?

8. Short Stack

Short Stack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Tip,
    I have asked you this before, WHAT WORK ARE YOU DOING NOW THAT YOU ARE SO HAPPY WITH? ALSO, IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW, KNOWS OF A GOOD ATTORNEY, I NEED TO FIND ONE! If you don't want to answer in this forum, PLEASE send me a private message. Thanks, Stack.

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Wow...50 apps? I think you need to forget about this trucking thing for a little while, Stack.

I'd like to tell you all about me, but I keep quiet about my present occupation. I don't want anyone to be able to use that info to figure out who I am. I am from a state with a lot of vindictive people who follow a certain religion, and one doesn't want to piss them off too much, at least not if the powers there can figure out who he is. Most of the trucking companies around the Salt Lake area are owned by people who follow this cult/religion. Someday laws may be changed that allow people to sue website posters that have harmed them in the past. Those people will need only adequate proof to do that, so I want to deny that proof to anyone who may want to tangle with me in court later. Yeap, they are gonna have to exert a lot of effort and spend some bucks to prove who this ol' boy is.

Of course, they may just forgo court and send their death angels after me, guys who'd shoot me with an icicle heart-attack dart or poison my tea. Again, it'd be hard to do that if they don't know who to go after.

While they exert that effort, I will continue to bash their trucking companies and their cult desguised as a religion by telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Now....Back to you. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting. If I were in charge at CCC, I'd drop those DACcidents from your record and hire you back on, being as you're collecting unemployment. That costs Crete money, I'm sure, so they'd be smart to put a damper on it. And I can see one way they can do that.

But maybe they're keeping your record tainted for a good reason, which brings up a point. I think your incident is a bona-fide accident. DACcidents are little things a company will use to screw your DAC so you can't leave 'em and go somewhere else. They don't affect your overall driving record, they just make you look bad. It's a smoke and lights show to keep you around, as you look less attractive to a competing carrier when you have a DACmark. With a DACcident, you usually keep your job, but you can't change jobs. It's a sneaky way companies reduce their turnover.

You got fired for your incident, so I'd call it an accident.

I don't know of any attorneys that can help. You may check some of the trucking magazines at the truckstops, such as Landline. Some lawyers advertise their services in those 'zines. Also, look around on the internet for a lawyer who'll take on your case. I predict you'll go nowhere with it, but if you want to pursue it, do it up.

Good luck, Stack.

10. sandds6489

sandds6489 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    I know this might be too little too late... but if they cleared you of these acidents, then maybe you need to take a copy of the paper that you have waying they cleared you and go to a local attorney or legal aid office and have them contact Crete and say to remove the accidents from your DAC or you will file suite on them for slander as well as filing for financial damages.... Sounds like you should have a case there on the basis of what you are saying. Good luck....

David "HIGHLANDER"

"There can be only one"

11. sandds6489

sandds6489 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Hey, voting for this to me is going to be not so easy because my first response would have to be LW Miller (other), however knowing the way that Swift treats drivers for most parts would come in a tie.
    Then there is IDC, my god what a cluster that place is for most parts when it comes to payroll!!!

Anyway's, thought I would chime in with my input. lmao

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.