Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Truck drivers are disposible, at least in the eyes of most companies. This is especially true of those companies listed on NASDAQ.

Privately-run companies can be a ##### to work for at times, too, though, but nearly as much as those who are Wall Street's darlings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. glassator

glassator Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2007
    and they wonder why there is a shortage of drivers

4. pobo

pobo Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Does anyone have anthing good or bad to say about FFE out of TX

5. ibflat2

ibflat2 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Dothan Alabama
    I was once told that drivers were a dime a dozen, and then the boss pulled out a 20... He wanted to get 2400 of them to see if he could find one or 2 that could really do the job...

6. Libertarian500

Libertarian500 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Utah, for now
    Exactly. I'm amazed that with the driver shortage going on, somehow the market isn't responding with much better conditions (money, home time, whatever) for drivers. Instead, companies seem to be attempting to see how hard they can screw their drivers before they quit to go somewhere else.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, keep something in mind here. Part of that may be the company weeding out the rejects and other manner of dead wood.

I think the company I work for is one of the better ones, but we sure have some ####### running around here now. It's a wonder some of these guys can even find their way to work in the morning

8. workingman

workingman Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2007
    The man in charge of ATF in Vincent ,Alabama can't even turn on a computer or even add with his fingers and toes .Don't depend on him reading a map .My kids can dipatch my loads better than he can but of course they can read . How this man can be a free agent connected with Greatwide I'll never know but I hope they find out what a sorry piece of work their glorified salesman is .:biggrin_25522:

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Workingman, I've run into that myself. People who don't have two brain cells to rub together get great jobs because they "know somebody". But I guess this is the way of the world. I guess it pays to have a father-in-law, or, as in Utah, an elder (priest/preacher), who will take of those who come begging.

10. Libertarian500

Jun 24, 2007
    Utah, for now
    You could be right on the rejects, but I don't think that accounts for such a steady hold on the turnover rate for the last several years. I looked it up and it seems that it's been over 100% for quite a while. Even for smaller carriers.

11. Libertarian500

Jun 24, 2007
    Utah, for now
    In Utah, they're "bishops" or "stake presidents," usually. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.