Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Joehill

Joehill Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2007
    New England..
    The only one on the list I ever worked for was CR.England..

They were pretty bad...But to be honest with you the companies since then haven't been a heck of a lot better..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA

That is the sad truth about working as a company slave. You are just a number assigned to a truck that delivers freight.

As for me at present, I really would not care any more because I have little reason to be home, but never again as an owner operator. Just not enough money for all the responsibility and the cost of operation just does not allow for any great retirement plan or even a life.

However, it is a great job. Can't complain about the freedom of the open road; just all the garbage that is attached.

I have never worked for England, but I have sat at docks next to them and know first had the complaints of many. I would take Schneider anytime over England. Then again, I don't like their approach to shutting down just because the qual com says you must. If I want to get to a decent truck stop or terminal for food and a shower, I don't appreciate being told to shut down when I am close to the creature comforts of the highway.

What ever happened to freedom and common sense? Too many bone heads that don't use the common sense toward life? Partly! But thats a book that could be written.:biggrin_25523:

4. tikvah

tikvah Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2007
    sAN DIEGO, CA
    I work for swift, just got screw by my DM so now here I sit. I had work lined up for the weekend and he took it away so I can due a log class after the weekend. I could of run all weekend and got the class done before the end of the week. He doesn't get it, I'm not at home so I can make money out here. I must know how to log, my violation was for speeding, averaging over 63 mph. I was in a truck that could do 70 and I was in Texas. So here I sit looking for a better job. AND it sounds like anything is better then this. I'm trying to find out about Melton, good or bad but all I find is bad about swift. p.s. i'm running flatbed now becase swift dry van already dogged me. I had to try a new division before quitting.
    jeff

5. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA

Its all part of the learning cycle in the industry. Leaving Swift is no big loss, but don't expect any company to be without its quirks. That is the way it is when you work as a number on a board.

Good luck in your quest.

Lucky

6. mrsfuzzy

mrsfuzzy Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2007
    in eastern shore
    Covenant is good for pulling the trick done to you. So when you go hunting for better conditions, keep it in mind. C.R. England didn't seem to take away loads, the problem with C.R. England was you worked and never made any money after all the deductions.

So what's worse, work and no pay, or no work and no pay?

We should take a poll on this one!

Any strength in numbers? Is it time to strike?

7. mrsfuzzy

mrsfuzzy Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2007
    in eastern shore
    Yeah, the big 550 million dollar company happily issues checks which
    few minutes later are refused at truck stops. Get your money in cash
    if you can.. yes, this is a challenge to anyone sitting with a dead check.

8. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'm sort of confused here. I'll assume you are still at SwiftQuit.

He's trying to make you his #####. I hope you can see this. He's trying to make an example of you, as example-making works as a method of changing people's behavior. I bet you're the talk of the terminal. He won't say three words to you in front of your back, but he'll talk a storm about you behind your back. This is typical, man. Such is the strategy that is "example making".

Good luck. SwiftQuit was the worst when I worked for them.

9. Gio

Gio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis area
    If you are an over the road driver the truck is your home. If you have the attitude that you have to make money whenever you are in the truck, get a local job.

10. tikvah

tikvah Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2007
    sAN DIEGO, CA
    howdy all,
    so hows the best way to find a local job? newspaper or a recruiter?
    I live in san diego and have no clue as to who goes in and out of there. They all seem to go out of LA. Swift was appealing becuase they have a terminal there, although i never get to see it.
    tikvah

11. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Marten Transport has a terminal in Ontario. They are not bad to work for; unless you get a bad dispatcher.

Likewise Schneider has a terminal close to the TA's in Ontario. I don't know where they are located, but it would not be hard to find out. They are also a good company for a company driver but you are under pressure by the Qual Com when your time is up each day, to shut down.

Truck Stop Recruiting Magazines. You can find them in any truck stop, or look on the Internet. (Search Engine: Truck Driving Jobs), etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.