Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    By the comparsion on the site you mentioned, Werner is safer than US Xpress? Is that possible? I drove for them. How accurate are these scores?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knightbringer

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    I am the ANTI-WERNER. I was lucky in that I was only there about a year, and that was too long. I know what you mean, at truck school, Werner, Swift, Covenant, and a few others came on a regular basis to sweet talk us. We were lulled into the feeling of pride, accomplishment, and the money. "You can easily make $45-53,000 your first year."

The school made sure we were there when they came to talk to us and we all fell for it. They rarely even mentioned any other companies. We were sort of lead to believe that they were the only ones who'd give us a chance. I do understand to a degree. It angers me to no end at how much money the schools rake in from these companies who come to pray on people like this. They promise tuition reembersement and so much else knowing that once you are there you are stuck. Either work for us or pay the $5-$6,000 loan yourself. They did pay some, but I have chosen to pay off my loan myself, so that I don't have to have a monkey on my back. Its hard, but I will no longer allow myself to be exploited.

I've talked to other drivers both new and old and find myself often confused. It seems, correct me if i'm wrong, that you must chose between 2 issues:
    Make money, but sacrifice time at home with family and friends. Or,
    Be at home with family and friends and make no money.

I know there are many truckers with worse experiences and more time driving, so I don't know it all. But I know bull when I smell it and its a smell you can stand for only so long.

4. maximizelife

maximizelife Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Nebr;>
    I was a recent grad from school in Omaha, 2nd in my class. Worked for Trans Am for a month, did good, pay was ok, maintenance was always taken care of in fair timely fashion. Then switched to SUB-LEASE under JONATHAN GARCIA. This CON ARTIST leads his different drivers to believe they will get .50 cents per mile, but never received this amount!!! (4-5,000 mi. payed only $1,300+1,500)Now he's having his current drivers to thinking they will get 88-93% of load... when I asked "how will we know how much the load pays"? His reply was simply "trust me". After second attempt to get straight answer; I was put off his truck in the middle of no where Virginia, in the rain, I had to call the police to ensure I got all my things off his truck without him driving off with it & without me. The flimsy reason for firing me was I drove 80 mph / endangering his life!!!! And I charged room to Trans Am (It is in b&w on MY c.c. statement, charged to ME!)
    Awww, come on, when will the b.s. end? Who can I go to, to get my last two weeks of my pay? These scam artists need to be stopped!!! Please, what is my major recourse of action???
    I have already talked with the owner of Trans Am, he took the defensive posture (of course since this guy leases 8 trucks from him!)
    I will pursue various legal actions , but which one is best & most effective???

5. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    MAX... contact the Labor Commissioner they will get you your pay check no problem. Good luck with your next job

6. maximizelife

maximizelife Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Nebr;>
    Thanks for your reply, them along with D.O.T. and an attorney (pro-bono) are on my list to contact for pay. Thus far, he's saying "pending investigation of damages assessed (NONE FROM ME!!!). Are there other sites to post this to that will help steer other victims away from this blaightant act of theft???
    Again, Thanks much
    Max

7. lugnut

lugnut Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Farkin, WI
    I am making a site for trans am drivers.... link cannot be posted, due to forum rules here.

8. knightbringer

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Well, i've decided to leave the trucking industry alone for the moment and remain where I am, Pepsi. Unloading and pushing drinks in 100 plus heat and/or rain. At least I'm home every night, which allows me time to rub my back with muscle relaxer. Warning: after using muscle relaxer wash hands THOROUGHLY before using restroom. It will save your life.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You can tell people about it, just not publicly.

10. Redwolf

Redwolf Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    OOOHHH! I have made that mistake before....! Bad News!

11. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    You can have both if you are lucky enough to find a dedicated run.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.