Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. truckerswife11

truckerswife11 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    Well I'm a truckerswife and proud to be one. My vote has to go with other US xpress. Beware drivers! Do not become a lease O/O. Yes guys I have seen your comments about the leasing programs. With this company like JB, promise the world "You'll get the miles you need and get you home every four weeks at least" That's a joke! He can't even take the 34hours at home. Seldom past the Mississippi. The grand finali is the gross looks good when the settlement sheet is sent home. Your take home is nothing. The small advances that are taken are for the truck itself. Pretty good for 5 figure gross and you get only get under $500 take home for four months. Let's get real. And if you break the lease you are responsible for over $50,000, So with that threat of over $50,000, what do ya do? In the meantime lose all ya have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Ya do what the mormons do. You file for bankruptcy and get rid of that 50K. In Utah, one doesn't have to worry about being denied a good job just because his credit has been doused with a bankruptcy. Being a good tither in the right religion is all that matters. Higher ups will ensure those in the fold are taken care of, meaning credit history means zilch. I hope anyone signing a fleece operator agreement in other parts of the country are so blessed. My guess is they aren't. In fact, I know they aren't, as I've lived in other places besides Utah. It's nice to be in the super-majority in the Utah, boy. This is why Utah has more per-capita bankruptcies than anywhere else, ladies and gents.

4. maybelle

maybelle Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Weslaco, TX
    I can't agree more with you Kevin. The attitude you have and the way you deal with people makes a world of difference. And even in those situations where others don't reciprocate your respectfullness, at least you know you behaved decently. Life is better when you focus on the positives as well as acknowledge the negatives . As to whether the negatives merit attention or really don't, it's your decision as to how they'll impact your life.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    But there will always inevitably come times when being stubborn is necessary. I had an issue with a customer a while back who not only wanted me to bring their new washing machine and dryer in the house and hook it up, but to also unhook the old ones and haul them away.

Uh-uh, 'fraid not. We don't do that. Maybe if Sears or some appliance had brought it, but you're not getting that kind of service from a common carrier. My truck doesn't say 'Maytag' on the side.

6. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    :biggrin_2552:That's a fact. If I did, there would be a service charge and I am sure they would not appreciate it. The problem with home delivery service for a common carrier is "these vehicles don't belong in a residential area anyway.

I had a single piece addressed to WalMart and the store told me I had to deliver it to the individual in an apartment complex. I said, "You see the address on that Label?" It will cost WalMart $500 for me to make that delivery. Just sign for the freight. It all goes here.

Some peoples children!!!!:biggrin_25520:

7. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I highly doubt that even my own company's drivers would have delivered that sword to my apartment.

8. teksin

teksin Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2007
    whitney, texas
    After reading negative after negative stories in here, I have to respond. I have been a self employed air conditioning contractor for the past 8 years. I have been in the air conditioning business for the last 22 years. As an a/c contractor for commercial installations, I am subjected to an unqualified inspector to judge every aspect of my installation. Even though he or she is not schooled in HVACR, they can shoot down my work as they wish, at their discretion.This sometimes causes hundreds if not thousands of dollars out of my pocket. As a residential installer, Customers constantly look over my shoulder informing me of how to do the job correctly. Some use profanity, some are very aggressive, and some hit. (I actually got slapped by a woman when I told her she had a bad compressor). Every word in a contract "should" be written by an attorney. When cusstomors, (not misspelled), remind me that they remember me telling them this and that, for reputations sake, I have to oblige. (usually resulting in money out of my pocket). I have been bitten by dogs, stung by bees,and been subjected to the nastiest houses on the planet. I have crawled under disgusting houses, been in the hottest attics, sucked in fiberglass insulation and been burned by fire or refrigerant every which way. I have had 3 major heat strokes and almost been eloctrocuted 2 times. Fact is, every air conditioning job I've had has been the worst. So I guess I'LL quit. Thats the point. Dont like trucking. Change careers. I'll show you how to do my job. Show me how to do yours. Godspeed:biggrin_25525:

9. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Hey Teksin-I have been in HVAC for 26 years in DFW. I don't know what code they use in Whitney, but it is the law. If they want you to do something else pull out the book and read it to them. I had to do it in Grapevine and Farmers Branch. They both hired ex-military guys and they tried to run ruff shod over us. Pulled out code book and when they argued went to city hall and threatened to sue. Their bosses set them straight. Of course they did write in some stupid crap like you are talking about at next meeting. just told general contractor how much more it was going to cost him if he wanted me to install. I hate code books, but you got to know them to protect yourself.

10. teksin

teksin Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2007
    whitney, texas
    hi big duke. I know what your saying should be true. But it never works that way. I worked all over the state and every inspector had an attitude. The guy in San antonio wouldnt accept my brand of duct sealant that an inspector in Dallas would. Also, the inspector in Austin wanted metal strapping when the inspector in Houston would accept the 2" nylon strap that is UL approved. Austin did not accept nylon strap. Even though the duct mfg said all duct should be hung from at least 2" material. My whole point was in my previous post was, every job has it's downside. It all has It's morons. If you don't like your job, change. Never to late too! Godspeed!
    :biggrin_25519:

11. teksin

teksin Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2007
    whitney, texas
    hey big duke, I worked alot in malls. Much different than municipalities. Malls have different rules other than state mandates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.