Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I'M about HVAC'd out. I worked part time in the 60's and 70's for 2 buddies dads in summers and while going to college. I drove local for Merchant's and then worked in office for 3 years but didn't care for it. Started my own company in 81 and did real good until about mid 90's. Every one wants you to work for peanuts now. Too many illegals and dumb ### contractors who don't know squat. they are just price shoppers. Worked in Iraq and put some money back. That is one hot ### place. We had 9 days in a row where it was 130 in shade. Any how I'm thinking of going back to driving. It sounds like the trucking business is getting as bad as construction.:biggrin_25523:
    Got to go get ready for Texas/OU. Brother lives in Westlake and I may root for OU just to piss him off.LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MISTER_WIGGLES

MISTER_WIGGLES Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2007
    EYE TO EYE ...
    get the aliens out.....enforce the laws....

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Enforcing the laws won't happen. If that did happen, employers would have to employ solely US citizens and pay them what they're worth. Can't have that, can we?

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The only thing we can really ding a residential customer for is an inside delivery, and even then I go NO FARTHER than the garage. I will NOT venture into someone's living space. Who knows who or what else could be living in it?

Also, after I've left they could call the company and say "Hey, I just had a delivery from one of your drivers and my $5000 diamond ring is missing now."

That's why I'm thankful I use a 33' trailer.

Ha!! That's a good one. That's why we have re-consignment and re-delivery fees. Last time I checked, our re-delivery fees were $4 per hundred pounds plus the fuel surcharge, 25 bucks for the reconsignment, and the amended freight charges that the shipper is surely not going to just absorb.

6. blownscoot

blownscoot Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2007
    This company only has approx 26 trucks. They go throgh so many drivers that there printer probably runs out of ink just printing applications

7. blownscoot

blownscoot Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Other TEAM truckingBest lies ever told

8. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    The kind of company that is so small and yet can not keep drivers is one that usually does not last. Too bad the management has no vision. Only companies with size and financial backing stay; like Swift!

Only those with Vision - See!:biggrin_25524:

9. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    You are right more than once here. It is ### Hot in Iraq and this country is going broke.

Company drivers with some longevity can make some pretty good buck these days, but then that depends on how good their dispatch is.

Hope you bought some Iraqi Dinar's. Couldl prove to be a very smart speculative move.

10. vandan1842

vandan1842 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Lewistown,Pa
    i had recently been offered a place in transport tech school but when im done they can complete me so i don't have to pay it. all i need to do is work for swift the company your talking about. for a year. now they want me to get int here as fast as possible. very aggressive in the way they talk to me. but anyhow.

i said to them i have a appointemnt at a certain day , i don't have transportation to make it back and forth from there. im not sure what to do. with you talking about swift makes me even more cautious about it.

i need to know if there any good campanies around where i am Lewistown PA near state college. that they would be willing to train on the job or even anywhere do you know of any companies that do that? thanks

11. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Just finished watching the History Channels Modern Marvels on Truck Stop. They dispensed alot of facts about the industry. Saying that trucks travel more than 1.5 trillion miles a year and 11 billion tons of freight. Imagine that. That is power. Truckers have ALOT of power, there is just the lack of organization. The laws, the bad and evil companies, the ******* shippers and receivers, you don't have to put up with it. Well, you do now, but if truckers were to really fight back, they'd listen eventually. Just my two cents. Also, they chose a Werner driver as one of the commentators. Showing off the cleanest smurfmobile and driver I ever scene. Image is everything isn't it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.