Why are city drivers always grouchy?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Aug 15, 2020.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Having been raised on the farm for most of my early life till I was about 22 years of age, growing up on a sugar cane farm we also ran a few head of cattle had some horses to so enjoyed the country life, you know the kind I'm talking about if you were raised on a farm where time moves at its own pace, In places like Fiji or Hawaii it they call it Hawaiian time/ and Fiji time in other words there is no real schedule it happens when it happens, that's what it's like on the farm. Whereas in the cities especially large cities everything is the total opposite everything is rush rush the hi/by mentality no one has time to actually engage in a proper conversation anymore and so this is why our city folk have no patience and get the typical road rage outcomes when stuck in busy traffic.

Flat Earth Trucker and JolliRoger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Mack is absolutely spot on with this post, I think it was right around the end of 2004 going into year 2005 at about 30 years old that I decided to make the transition into being a linehaul driver and not a local p&d 20%er anymore, fo

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Local dock bumping is a job for guys that like to hustle. I've done it in various places back in they day. Some barns were really cool and good places to work. Others were badly run joints where nobody gave a crap and I never stuck around too long at those.

Flat Earth Trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  5. Danimal 99

Danimal 99 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2023
    Laziness, always have to have the newest truck so they can smash it on first day. City drivers are bottom of the barrel. Honestly, city deliveries and pick were done better, quicker, safer when trucking companies employed 12 year old kids with 10 speeds and a wagon. Need to go back to that.

6. Danimal 99

Danimal 99 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2023
    seriously, we had a driver go 40 mph into snow scraper cuz he wanted new truck. He didn’t get fired unbelievably and got new truck.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    GOOD peddle hands are worth their weight in gold.

alds, High Stepper, ‘Olhand and 2 others Thank this.
  8. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    City drivers are the face of the company. Without decent hard working drivers picking up and delivering, there wouldn't be any freight. From my perspective the P&D driver is the Alpha and the Omega(the beginning and the end)of everything that happens in LTL...

bzinger, alds, High Stepper and 2 others Thank this.
  9. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Yes, the man who ordered it, is paying for it, is more interested in getting it down safely and moved reasonably and is there to ASSIST.

But you guys oughta have run a meat route. Various 10# boxes of sausage/liver/maws/feet/bolo all stacked neatly on each side as they came from cold out to the dock and carefully placed in trailer. After a few runs, resorting and digging out, I reversed stacked the orders and had them load it loose/scattered. Looked like a lawn after a small cyclone, but, the stuff for the next order was alway in reach and visible. I ot that way from West Point to Greenville, so no differences
    on the ride...

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    With Yeller gone, there will be a lot fewer grouchy city drivers,,,

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Got to leave room for You up and coming kiddies.

201 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.