why are you where you are?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BUCKWILD, Sep 15, 2012.

1. BUCKWILD

BUCKWILD Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2012
    southerntier
    I should answer my own question, seems only fair.

Drove tanker years ago, went to school for automotive, spent 25+ years wrenching , time to do what I really want to do.

papers in hand , class starts monday

NWMAXI and Bumpy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I was working as an EMT in the Chicago area Then started dating a coworker and next thing I knew she was pregnant and we were getting married. After a year or so I found out I was not the only coworker she was sleeping with so we got divorced. Working as an EMTfor a private company in the Chicago area did not pay enough to pay child support and rent and stuff and still have a dime at the end of the week so I went to Green Bay to Schneiders school mainly so I had a place to sleep after I finished working each day.

I have pulled dry vans and reefers and for a few years delivered RV trailers with a one ton pickup truck but then the economy went downhill and was not getting enough work so I went back to driving a big truck. In a lease purchase at a dry van company and am making pretty good money. I will say i enjoyed being an EMT much more than driving a truck but you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.