Why did you choose truck driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by K2000kidd, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Avenger29

Avenger29 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    South Carolina
    I've got several reasons for why I will be driving a truck (after I get out of college...still got a ways to go)

I've always had a desire to roam. This was reinforced by a 7000 mile trip across the US and back. I want to get back out there, particularly back out west. It's so beautiful out there that nothing really describes it adequately.

I like stuff with engines...always have. I love trucks, and love to see them when I'm on trips and around town. Big toys for big boys, I've heard it put. Same reason I love to watch heavy equipment at work on a construction site.

The best part of my day is the drive to and the drive home from school and work...I'm cruising along, got the radio on, and don't have to deal face to face with other people during that time period. It's peaceful for me...

I don't have a family to take care of. I am not married. The only roots I have at home are with my immediate family. I've got a few friends, but for the most part, I'm a loner.

I currently hold a government job. You think trucking is bad? Working for the government is soul sucking.

I don't need to bring home a huge paycheck, or support a family. I'm not worried about hometime...I could ride and ride and ride...

The open road is calling me, even though I am well aware (thanks to this forum) of the issues one faces in the trucking industry.

Hope to be out there one day with ya'll, provided the economy gets better...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.