Why do bulk haulers think it’s acceptable to clean out wherever?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by kylefitzy, May 10, 2023.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I'm guilty of doing this is just once. Loaded at a place which was very primitive. It was a load of sand in a pneumatic. They had a small platform scale that you had to split weigh. And nowhere to take any off if you were heavy. I was 500 pounds over, which is a very small pile. Knowing I had a scale to cross which is always open, I had to get rid of some. They wouldn't allow me to bottom drop any, which really amused me considering how the place looked.

So I stopped in the middle of nowhere and bottom dropped a bit on the shoulder. Kicked it around a bit and carried on

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Reminds me of Andy Dufrain in Shawshank redemption emptying out his pockets on the yard as he tunneled through the wall for some 26 years or so :)

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Just unloaded ddg's yesterday. Boss only provides me with one vibrator. It's a portable deal that I have to hook to my red supply line. Man that was a pain in the rear to get off yesterday. Four hours total at the consignee, an of course they wouldn't supply any extra help. I bounced the remainder into the bottom traps driving around their yard an then dumped it in their driveway. Pardon my french but f ' em!!!!!! Sorry S'O'B just sitting in his a/c cab endloader just looking at me nodding an smiling the whole time i was fighting the load an the heat. I don't need to go back to that kinda place!!!!

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    I have found that just opening the tarp an the trap doors an blowing it out goin down the road works pretty good. I of course try my best to get as much as I can out of my hopper at the consignee. I will not dump overweight off anywhere but the shipper. If there is no where to dump and I got overloaded then I take it upon myself to roll the dice an go around scales. Had a buddy of mine tell me yesterday that he woulda just dumped the extra 500 lbs on a back road. I'm like, uh no way in heck I am gonna get popped for illegal dumping.

6. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Here’s a different type of illegal dumping. ####ing oil field trash in midland texas. There were used oil buckets everywhere at this truckstop. That could really use some of the chip haulers dumpings over here! 32A98C2C-9C5E-42B3-B383-37EA64B7E7DC.jpeg

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  7. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    An don't get me wrong, I have broomed out at a truck stop before. But it was just sprinklings on the ground after blowing the trailer out going down the highway. So I am guilty just as much as the next or previous feller who left a potential mess. After reading this thread though, I have implemented my 5 gallon bucket, broom, an dust pan method. Just like when i was pulling a reefer, If I put it on the ground I sweep it up to the best of my ability. People would always look at me like I was as dumb as a box of rocks for sweeping in a gravelly area, but i did it anyway.

Long FLD and kylefitzy Thank this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    As a fellow driver, I certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

9. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    I read through this whole thread, but am still wondering, What is someone supposed to do with all the extra product? Drive to the nearest food bank and have some volunteers step outside to help? What if it's not food?

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    That's like asking what to do with your trash because it's just such an inconvenien it still bring it to the dump. It certainly doesn't give you the right to dump it in a river because doing it right is difficult.

REO6205 and kylefitzy Thank this.
  11. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Okay. Fine. I agree. No problem there.

But...the question remains unanswered: What is the proper thing to do with extra product?

Do you take it to the county landfill or transfer station? Do the companies pay you for that extra trip to the dump?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.