Why do bulk haulers think it’s acceptable to clean out wherever?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by kylefitzy, May 10, 2023.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    They wuz just helpin' the highway department get a head start on de-icing that particular stretch of highway cuz DOT doesn't like wrecks blocking the lane leading up to the scalehouse entrance. :D

intrepidor and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Been happening more and more.. KS has even gone and put LED workzone signs up saying stop dumping hoppers... This industry is going in the dirt.. Drivers pissing on fuel island ####ting in the parking lots throwing trash all over..... Goes on and on best thing to do is Report it to police if you see it. Video them and send it to drivers you might even get paid not to post the video :D

Gearjammin' Penguin and kylefitzy Thank this.
  4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Only me heading to YouTube to look for videos of newborn calves getting sled rides?.

insipidtoast, Magoo1968 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I got the idea from another trucker. We loaded at farms a lot and he saw one there and put two and two together.

Redtwin and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Most places don't have a place to clean out. Trucking companies don't want to pay the 45-75 bucks to wash the #### out. I've never had a washout place say we can't have some corn, beans, salt, fertilizer, or whatever in the drain, but I always went to places that washed out cattle pots.

Deadhead-er and kylefitzy Thank this.
  7. OliverCallenderIII

OliverCallenderIII Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2022
    Frisco, Texas
    I like the way you think, they shouldn’t have ordered it if they didn’t want it

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I guess I have a slanted view of the industry. I’ve only ever been on the open deck/flatbed side. I’ve been both a driver and a loader/order puller/yard Forman. Never once would I expect a driver to take something with them if the shipper sent the wrong product to us. We provided an area to clean off the trailer, usually even providing a broom.

Now as a driver, I show up with a clean deck, I leave with a clean deck. If there’s blocking or dunnage, it goes with the load. Unless they don’t want it, and I do, then Ill take it. If it’s junk, it stays with them. We also very rarely supply any dunnage. We want the customer to have exactly what they want, so they can supply it.

This OSD ######## places pull with box jockeys would probably stop when drivers started leaving that #### at the guard shack, on the ground. Same with cleaning out hopper in the driveway.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    All you’d do is get yourself blacklisted from places while trying to prove a point. Probably not a good hill to die on if someone wants to continue hauling bulk products. When I was pulling hopper I had a telescoping handle with a small brush head and I could pretty much clean everything out of the corners of my hoppers while standing on the catwalks on the ends of the trailer or reaching up through the hoppers sand pulling the material out of the bottom. As with many things it mostly comes down to how lazy a person is. The big piles you see get dumped come from someone not even trying at all to clean their trailer where they dump and instead letting it shake down into the hoppers after they leave.

I guess some of it could come from not having the right equipment for the job. I can’t even count all the guys I’d see trying to unload DDG or other commodities without any vibrators on their trailers.

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Wood chips as far as the eye can see. Or at least to the tree line. Looks like end dump piles, I can imagine that stuff sticking too badly. Maybe these are from tree trimming trucks? There’s probably a whole load here between these piles and what’s behind me. At least they smell nice. 9376BBB8-7505-4AF0-858E-4A5AFC99E2D7.jpeg

Ruthless Thanks this.
  11. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Ive known guys to leave the mills, quarries, places like that heavy to get paid the extra tonnage and then go down the road and pop their tailgate to get back to legal weights before carrying on. A lot of end dump receivers don’t have scales, so they’re billed on the printed tonnage. I think it’s pretty stupid, but the world is full of stupid people who justify those types of actions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.