why do drivers stand for governed trucks?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jamin22, Jul 18, 2012.

1. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    At least somebody caught on to my sarcasm. lol I thought it was obvious but...

Ukumfe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The argument has went on so long we are forgetting who is on who's team lol. I still don't understand why driving less than posted is a hazard. I don't remember the exact phrase but root of it was along the lines of pay attention rate traffic ahead of you, look for road hazards etc. seems like that was about the first thing in that CDL study book. But it's been close to 20 I could be fuzzy.

4. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    In Ontario any big rig has to be governed to 105 km/h. Most limits around here are 90 but you head down south and the 400 series is all 100 km/h..Makes for a pain in the ### trying to get anywhere on the big streets down there. Where I'm at now(local/hour pay) we're supposed to be governed at 90 for the company we pull for. My truck is governed at 98 to get up some of the big hills around here without dropping too many gears(pull 140,000 lbs gross).

Now that Im hourly I don't mind being governed..when I was on the highway, 105 always seemed to be a decent speed for me. Sometimes it would have been nice to get to 110 or so to get by a few pecker heads who wouldnt let me by them though..

browndawg Thanks this.
  5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    ...LOL yeah I read your post wrong. Thought it said "Didn't you cause a 20 car pile up?". Sorry.

6. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    No worries!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.