Why do drivers stare at you at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    There is nothing else to do in Pittston....

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    It's a. Entertaining and b. Don't hit my truck don't hit my truck (I borrowed that from another ttr member on a new driver advice thread)

Still..I sure wish I could get a spotter when I have a blind back. I'm no good at those and after I've gotten out of my truck to look 3 or 4 times you'd think the guy with the bright headlights that keeps oozing closer and closer (like that's going to make me get into the spot quicker?) Would figure it was in his own best interest to give me a hand. Cuz I ain't gonna give that spot up buddy no matter how close you creep.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  4. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    @UturnGirl, had that happen a few times to me, I just take that much longer to get parked, ####ing morons.

5. Wagonmaster1

Wagonmaster1 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2018
    I've been known to do the same thing. Basically because it's late, I just want to park the thing and I don't want to be the star of the show.

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
  7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

They are just worried/excited to see if you're about to have a crash. It's their only entertainment. So many drivers don't speak English, have never had anyone help them, so they don't help anyone else. I was away from OTR for almost 20 years while I did dedicated. There is a ton more selfish drivers, and very few drivers helping drivers since then. Most trucks drive about as bad as most cars. At least half of merging trucks will race you if you make room for them to merge.

I help drivers back in tight spots, but I usually have to block the truck stop aisle the backing driver is using or nobody will stop and wait for him to back in.

8. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Yup bright lights and their fog or driving lights also. Was thinking about all the out of focus fog lights and headlights the other night. When you lights are aimed up in the trees. Are you coon hunting or so stupid that you can't adjust a light? At the very least turn them off when someone is backing in.

BUMBACLADWAR and UturnGirl Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Lenny's.

tucker Thanks this.
  10. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Some of the comments in here are hilarious. Lol That Pittston truck stop is less than 1hr away from my house ;)

costanza-answering-machine.gif

Canadianhauler21 and tucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.