Why do drivers stare at you at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Bet the likelihood of him spending the time to show you a few things increased exponentially when he saw you took the initiative to try to be good at the career you were obviously (once the conversation was initiated) just beginning. By being under the truck with the grease gun, he knew before either of you spoke a word that you cared about the truck you were driving...and that goes a long way with many.

I don't know the man, but I'd be willing to bet if you had been sitting in the front seat staring off into space while stuffing a sandwich down your gullet, he wouldn't have given you the time of day.

If I see someone trying...putting forth an effort...I don't care how much time it takes, I'll do what I can to help. However, if they're too lazy to try, it isn't worth my time to help.

okiedokie, frizzbees, tinytim and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I was wondering that myself....I know I'm not going to ask a woman I don't know about her personal life

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what..??

you don't wanna know if she can, cook, clean, take out the garbage, bring you a beer..????

give me your man card, right this instant you, you, you, man you.....

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Sad its the norm. Lots of kids have no one to look up to, or role model. Just sperm donors. Make a child and vanish. Why some of these girls (women) make a child with these nummies is beyond me.

TripleSix and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
  7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Every male...I see with tight pants I want to give one of these to them..
    [​IMG]

First baggy pants, now tight pants....can't people just find a happy medium an wear normal ####ing jeans?!

Someone needs to provide a list of what will get your card revoked. I'd hate to think I have to go out an wrestle a grizzly bear. I have a fear of being dismembered by bear claws. :( I also don't like needles, or dentists. An if you do, you need therapy.

Far as that waitress...I don't care what her man, male, wife, husband, boyfriend does for a living, unless he's working the kitchen. I care my food arrives as I ordered it an my glass remains full. I'm a simple kind of guy. Crazy I know. I'm not sitting down paying for a meal to #### chat. I want a deep thought provoking conversation I'll call my bartender..I mean priest.

An Denny's does suck. Lately every single time I go to one they manage to screw something up. Rude employee's, and crappy food make for a very annoyed me. Same thing with IHop, or Ihob, or whatever stupid name they go by now. Why you would call yourself a pancake house then try to be known for burgers....kinda silly but hey...whatever it's your bankruptcy hearing not mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep alert folks. There are non-men everywhere. We must constantly be on the look out for these "males". They are known to infect whole sections of men with things like...sharing their feelings, a desire to shave, lack of ability to pick up a tool without a long debate on how it makes them feel, among other things. You can tell these males by simple things that stand out. Their nails are trimmed. They walk around looking for..."poke'mon". They are known to wear tight pants, so that they can save money on clothes by being able to share with their wives, sisters, girlfriends. Some even show a tendency to actually LIKE shopping and things like BAKING and sewing.

If you notice any of the above please contact your local DoMC(Department of Man Cards). Your call will be kept confidential. For the love of society and manly things...call and help us put a stop to this now.

The above is all humor. IF your offended please turn in your man card. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Turn the other cheek they said. I did. Now I have matching bruises. :(

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I think this guy is a man ...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Sirscrapntruckalot and Numbnuts69 Thank this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    That post was directed to a selected audience. He agreed and thanked me for it. Mission accomplished. Today is a good day.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Just in fun . Sometimes gets off subject a bit..but its all good. I got a laugh or two.

Lepton1 and TripleSix Thank this.
  11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Some times, people read things that wasn’t directed to them or meant for them to understand, and they get offended. The post accomplished its purpose. Six back quiet.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.