Why do I have to take multiple DOT exams and UA's

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Steve C, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Really? What CDL manual is this? What page?

Best regards

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    The manual in his head ...where there is a lot of room lol ..Pre employment /random from a pool where names are checked /post accident /suspicion of drug/alcohol use.. not anytime,anywhere

4. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    It's in the GA manual. Says if you hold a cdl you consent to random drug testing.

5. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Last time I checked random means it could be anytime anywhere, but I forgot with your experience you must know everything from every state manual out there right?

6. wideglide13

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    That is somewhat true. only if you are working for someone working under FMCSA/DOT rules . And as i posted it is not any where any time there are times when it is allowed . Example if you are on vacation your boss can't call you and say take drug test ..although i am sure someone will say it happened and probably did

7. wideglide13

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    No i don't know everything . I do know it is federal rules we are under so "every state manual" is not in play we go by the "Green Book". Have you heard of it ? . And no random does not mean any time any where . and i have given examples in this form no need to repeat .

8. wideglide13

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    I don't know where you checked ? Here is the definition for you .Notice no ware is" anytime anywhere "
    [h=2]ran·dom[/h] [ran-duh[​IMG][​IMG]m] Show IPA
    adjective1.proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection ofnumbers.

2.Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equalprobability of being chosen.

9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Just because it is in the manual does not make it true, just saying.

10. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Actually you stated both anywhere and anytime.

Read 382.303. One of the things you will discover is "(i)(1) The selection of drivers for random alcohol and controlled substances testing shall be made by a scientifically valid method, such as a random number table or a computer-based random number generator that is matched with drivers' Social Security numbers, payroll identification numbers, or other comparable identifying numbers."

So they can't just grab someone and say you will have a drug test right here right now.

Best regards

11. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Well, for a couple of bucks it's a great manual for the price, but you are correct that everything in it is not correct.

Best regards

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.