Why do I have to take multiple DOT exams and UA's

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Steve C, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I just had to take a physical well before finding out if I was going to be hired for a new job, and they're definitely not a mega carrier. They had their own forms though for the physical that had to be filled out along with the standard long form which is why they want their own. It was the first one I've had performed before at least showing up for orientation. Just found out today I got the job.

Their form was kind of nice though as it had most of the medical regulations in their forms. Makes it easier when I have to argue with a doctor about being deaf in one ear. Had a couple that tried to refuse to certify me for it, even though the regulations don't require hearing in both ears.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steve C

Steve C Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm now pretty sure there are two reasons I'm having so many physicals and taking so many tests. I agree that I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ to get someone to orientation only to send them home the next day.
    And I think the other issue involves the insurance carriers - in this day and age of suing everyone for everything, if I was an underwriter, I would want all new drivers tested by the medical group of my choice. The pre-employment tests have been a little different each time, AND the last two have failed me due to one of my meds. I got prescription changed, so hopefully there will be no other issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.