Why do Verizon sales people feel the need to lie?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Tb0n3, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I would say only salesmen with a piss poor product have to lie, they're not going to sell much saying "yea it's #### but buy it anyway would you?"

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    For only $20 per month more for the Jetpack on Verizon unlimited plan along with the phone it's a great deal. Just recently Verizon gave me one new Jetpack for a $1. So now I have the Jetpack and my phone hot spot for data.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Do they slow your hotspot speed down after x amount of gigs on the jetpack?

5. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    Yes, but at minimum it would match your phone plan tethering limit, which in my case is 15GB, but more often than not I can get 22GB before being throttled back. So that's 44GB total between the Jetpack and phone. There is another unlimited plan that can get you more data. Verizon now has three different tiers. All phones and jetpacks on the plan need to be under the same tier. There is also a vet discount.
    Bring your own compatible Verizon phone, which I did, and get a $250 rebate CC for new line of service.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    There's no limits when you have root and certain utilities.

7. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    That's true, but my plan only gets 22GB total for my phone with 15 of that being tethered capable, at full speed. So I'm not gaining much with attempting to circumvent the tethering monitoring.

8. midgetripples

midgetripples Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    all devices do not have to be under the same tier, I have two phones on the above unlimited and 4 on the beyondunlimited, right after they came out with the above unlimited they started allowing you to mix and match the tiers

Muskie Thanks this.
  9. midgetripples

Sep 16, 2018
    if you switch to above unlimited which is like 10 more dollars you get 75gbs on the phone before throttling and 20gbs hotspot, depending on your phone you can get an adapter to hook it to a tv that way you would have 75gbs to watch what ever you want before you get throttled

Muskie Thanks this.
  10. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    Good to know. They told me different in the store, maybe that relates to the jetpacks only. If I get where I need that extra data I'll definitely move my phone to the upper tier.

11. midgetripples

Sep 16, 2018
    the extra 10 is well worth it to me, i set it up myself online

Muskie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.