why do you SNI drivers keep dropping your trailers so low?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Jabber1990, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Yea I know intermodel has them, the kw's and tag axles. We were told vtl isn't getting them.

milehunter43 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    That is if it makes it to the OC in one piece :eek:

mindes Thanks this.
  4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    From what I was told my my ICA a DVIR does nothing but meet paper trail requirement by D.O.T. if the trailer has issues if the trailer does not have issues then it just fulfills a SNI corporate requirement.

Only a macro 12 or a phone call to SEM notifies the proper department of the trailer issue.

Last issue I had at a shipper (air line broken) it took 5.5 hrs to fix well 4.5 hrs before the Mechanic showed up and an hour to fix. But that was winter of 2014,ay e it's gotten better with SEM.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    From what I heard all the trucks will have an adjustable suspension - not really what I think of as a dump valve but works similarly.

For the air hissing out 'standard' - if I have 40k plus AND a Joust style landing gear if I don't give the extra cranks I risk having the frame rail jump when the 5th wheel clears the nose and having the trailer land on the drives/frame. Don't have the same problem with the Holland.

6. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

Yes a phone call is required to be sure (2 calls in fact) 1 to SEM and the other to DBL/ICA. I had to set at a customer pickup site for 5 hours waiting (after of 45 min. troubleshooting the problem) on a trailer repair that had no brake lights. the nose hook-up receptacle had to be replaced. The purpose for really performing pre and post inspections.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. Road Jouster

Suspension raise/lower toggle to left; load-transfer toggle to right. Differential lock is button above.
    2016-04-08 13.51.11 HDR.jpg

jakecat22 Thanks this.
  8. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Is that a DT12 auto Cascadia?

9. Road Jouster

Yes sir it is. I don't like the automated (I'm a 13 speed kinda driver) and sure as there's a hell, DO NOT like the OnGuard. OnGuard is dangerous and a hazard more than the intended benefit.

10. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Ha ha I used to operate an Ottowa Commando for Sysco for three years I feel you

11. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    They fire you if you high hook ? Lol I used to call that a Tuesday . I'd crush a soda can and prop the fifth wheel up , crank a few times and slide right out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.