why dont trucks have turn signal canceling?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by slatherd, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    A JBHunt driver?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. palerdr

palerdr Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    do once in a while. exercise. you have to reach forward , make contact with the switch, and turn it off. you know , on a long boring run, we need something to keep us awake now and then.

4. fastSVT

fastSVT Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Now that the F250+ has it's own interior and exterior, the MDTs are now styled after them.

I found it strange that (when the older trucks had same interior as the F150) a 1997 MDT had an f150 interior - except it was the interior from the 80-86 model trucks. They went all those years never updating the MDT interiors to match their F150 counterparts of that year/body style.

5. lzuplift

lzuplift Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2008
    colorado springs,co
    hey guys and gals,i had a freightliner that the headlights would not go off as long as the truck was moving,like coming into a parking lot,or truck stop,got yelled at one night by some driver because of it,must have been a super trucker,as soon as you set the brakes they would go out,seeya.

6. Drifter1948

Drifter1948 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Brantford Ont. Canada
    Self canceling turn signals from a dollar standard should not be an option. Do you really want the down time it takes to tear down a steering column when you trace the reason to signal lite failure to that component, or unplug unbolt and replace a little box??

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    They are used so you can spot a swift truck from a long distance on the big road!:biggrin_25523: blink, blink, blink, etc............

8. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    When you think about it your turn takes much longer to make than a 4-wheeler. If you are making a tight right and need to use the left lane you want 4-wheelers to know you're still in your turn....your signal would cancel when your steering wheel went straight...this would not be as safe since alot of times your trailer is still making it's turn and you may again steer right to get into the righthand lane.

9. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    KWs had this at one time internal parts wore very quick I worked on one right signal would not work contacts wore used plastic coffee can lid made a shim stil working when truck was sold two years later.This is what they call a Red Neck repair I think LOL

10. James Johnson

James Johnson Light Load Member

May 27, 2017
    Well, I thought I have enough but cars sped up, and I can't pass so I can't. They don't give me enough time to change lane. Nice people thank you, you earn a light blinking means thank you.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    I'm let down by this entirely unsatisfactory answer to a 10 year old question.

'Thank you, James' - your mother.

I'm kidding, slightly. But mostly.
    We'll all be okay. Or not. Whatever. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.