Why even smoke cigarettes when the other option are the same

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mid-May Trucker, Apr 14, 2020.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    E - cigs arent exactly my "couppa" tea.

MACK E-6 and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    And wearing skinny jeans..lol

AModelCat, Lonesome and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I understand Cigars and Cigerettes. It aint put me in the hospital just yet despite everything.

However the new vapes put people young people into hospital with lung failures or flooded lungs trying to flush out whatever the flavor in them that hurt them in the first place. If you are going to BURN something then breathe it in, make sure you have fire to properly burn it. Then filter with paper or whatever it is.

The nicotine will get to you which is what you really crave anyway.

I remember the day I quit a week after 9-11. I told spouse to leave me be for a hour. Carefully smoked the hell out of that one. Put it out. Then told spouse that I am going to be a ####### for 6 months and really mean for 10 days withdrawal. But if you want a better situation now that I quit then let's do this.

I continue to pay for that 6 months of hell I heaped on her. It was a very good move. I did not know then the type of damage inside my body at that time. That was apparent after several MRI scans. With that said, there is a pack of smokes with a zippo in the drawer for a really bad day. Until then I have no desire to open it and light. There is no point.

6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I've been a smoker for over 40yrs. Started with 'reds', the Camel straights, then Kool unfiltered, back to 'reds' AND Kool filtered. Then Camel filters and Kools. Now American Spirit Blacks. My wife doesn't smoke, wishes I didn't, but knows I was a smoker when we met and it's MY choice if I'm to quit.

Some of you don't smoke but you weigh over 300#. Obesity is the number one killer in America and also incurs more health care costs than smoking. I watched a fat pig get more upset that McDonald's was closed yesterday than I've ever been when I couldn't find my brand of cancer.

It seems every holier-than-thou non-smoker has some other vice that will kill them just as, if not more, quick(ly). I won't blow smoke in your direction if you can (somehow) manage to keep the gravitational pull of your fat carcass out of my general vicinity.

7. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    I'm a little over two years now cigarette-free after 25 years as a pack/day Newport smoker.

I used a Juul to help get me over the hump and then quit using that thing about 3 months later. I still smoke cigars occasionally but have zero addiction, I just like cigars.

It's shameful that you can pay cash for death sticks at your local bodega but can't grow a weed in your house for free.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nothing worse than an EX smoker, am I right?

9. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Yeah if you dont smoke cigarettes you a shame to america tobacco industry is history and needs support even if it only a pack a year.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Maybe I am just one of those who just don't know better. But Ive always believed that its a shame that the American Tobacco as good as it was for 300 years on that fine tidewater ground perfect in every way gets messed up for addiction and other purposes in modern times.

And yes you can get medical pot that is apparently helping people way better than modern medicine. Believe my own lying eyes and ears to see the previously sick sing and dance again.

Makes me brood into my pot of coffee sometimes thinking about all this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.