Why International Trucks Suck

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by ringmaster88, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ringmaster88

ringmaster88 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2013
    International Trucks SUCK, for several reasons:

#1. Air Horn. A one inch square button, placed in the middle of several other buttons on the steering column. Not only is it impossible to find in the event of an emergency, but embarrassing (for myself, and dissappointing to the kids) when trying to show off for the kids who request a honk (thank you so much poindexter for screwing up a great thing).
    #2. Mirrors. For some reason or another the douche bags in corporatesaw fit to limit the power windows so as to prevent my turning them out enough to avoid blinding brights coming up from behind at night. Thanks screwballs.
    #3. Power Windows. Every time I hit the button to roll the window down, it sees fit to CONTINUE to roll down, forcing me to take a second look, rolling it back up to where I wanted it, rather thanstop when I let off of the button. Ridiculous . They better hope I dont get into an accident because of that stupid "feature".
    #4. Radio. No, lets not light up the radio at night. Lets just assume that by not lighting the radio, the victom (er, I mean the trucker) will just give up, rather than spend precious contration FEELING AROUND for the right button (while some douche bag blinds me from behind!!!)

INTERNATIONAL! I will NEVER waste my money on a piece of junk like that!My advise? Get a Kenworth!!John. Future Owner Operator.

stabob Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    1. The air horn button takes getting used to, just like anything else. You can always pretend to grab the air horn rope with your left and press the button with your right. The reason "Poindexter" moved it was so in an emergency both hands remain on the wheel. Silly right?

2. When the headlights behind you are blinding you lean your head forward a half inch. Not so bad.

3. The power windows have an auto down feature so you can quickly press it and put the hand back on the wheel. Dang "Poindexter" thinking about your safety again. If you only want it partially rolled down only half press the button. (I can't believe I have to explain how to roll a window down.) if you get into an accident cause your power windows are too convenient I think for sure you could sue the pants off International. For sure.

4. The steering wheel controls for the radio are lit up. Learn to use them by feel.

As convincing as your article was I don't think I'm ready to abandon the Prostars just yet.

A21CAV, Night Prowler and Charli Girl Thank this.
  4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Try a Volvo, you'll love that IH

5. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Lmao.. I hear ya on the air horn,glad I don't have a camera on me when I grab for that darn " rope" and it's not there. Lol But as the other guy said,just fake it for the kids. I do the same thing.

i love my international. Rides like a Cadillac and VERY QUIET! Amazing how important that is these days.

6. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Do not forget that Intl uses cheap copper lines instead of stainless steel jacketed hoses. I learned about that the hard way. KW, Pete, etc, use stainless steel.

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    NAVISTAR sucks because they put thousands of Americans out of work to build trucks with cheap Mexican labor. Daimler and Navistar should be required to put big Mexican flag decals on every truck they make there.

8. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    Quit being a company driver for one.

9. ringmaster88

ringmaster88 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Lol I hear ya Rick. Thats (unfortunately) how large companies get large. They lack moral and patriotic standards. I think you could paint them metallic brown, write "Brown Pride" in all capital letters, and attach a permanent gigantic mexican flag to the thing, and they would still buy it if it saved them a buck. Thats where our society is today...

10. RKH

RKH Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Does anybody know if you can get a Cummins in the Lonestar

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Not at this time. Prostar and Paystar yes. They have also brought back the 9900i which is offered with the Cummins.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.