Why is it so hard to finance a new truck

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by BAYOU, Jan 16, 2013.

1. skierzek

skierzek Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Medford,or
    Your best deal will be with a credit union or small local bank DO NOT BANK WITH THE MAGA BANKS THEY DON'T CARE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skierzek

Apr 18, 2012
    Medford,or
    Your best deal will be with a credit union or small local bank. mINE IS WITH A CU 90000 AND 7% APR. DO NOT BANK WITH THE MAGA BANKS THEY DON'T CARE

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Who do you think dictates all policy in this country?... that's right, banks... Bernanke and the criminal heads of the facist "too big to fails" should all be thrown in prison for robbing and raping this country... Things are bassackwards but that is all by design.. Banks can foreclose on property then have more suckers lined up to take out a mortgage in no time flat.. Then the cycle repeats.. Like taking candy from a baby and it never ends..Equipment is a different ball game, not such easy pickings....

5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Bayou, why are you looking to purchase a $100K truck on credit, when you've been complaining about not being able to find any freight at $2/mile? Just curious. Because if financing a $100K truck is what it takes to get the good paying freight, I might look into that. :)

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    The only reason that this is the case is because Americans have the mentality that they're entitled to own 'things' before they can afford to pay for them. That, and the average American never thinks beyond their next paycheck, and is about 2 paychecks from bankruptcy.

7. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    O a house let's not even go there I was in my house for 8 years I sold it because of being told what I could park at my house (boat race car trailer camper)so I sold it went to go buy a 2nd with a Chet load of money down and was also told NO.......did I lie on my first loan yes I was leased to a company and showed them my 1099 and just said yes I make $120,k take home a year that and last two check stubs sealed the deal did I miss a payment yes I was late twice but it always got paid

My credit unions don't loan money on commercial vehicles I bank with two and it's just company policy the one I've been with for 17 years said they got burned bad on them

8. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    I'm starting all over and going back to a single truck O/O also I'm going a different direction after doing my home work last few months I can do way better own my own than leasing onto someone let's just say i haven't sold any trucks yet but I do have a flatbed im about to start pulling and I don't have to worry about anyone but me now

9. skierzek

Apr 18, 2012
    Medford,or
    WOW try local banks I have mine here in Oregon $90,000 7 year loan 7% apr and they worked with me in December b/c I could not pay that month. Good Luck

10. Rooster_1

Rooster_1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Dallas,TX
    You can pm me if you want and I will give you my bankers info. Got mine done for 7% on a used truck which I thought was desent.

11. FreedomTruck

FreedomTruck Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Biggest problem is the fact its a glider. Lots of credit companies, especially local banks/credit unions really don't understand them, and therefore won't touch them. Although the rates may be a bit different, I would seriously look at some of the captive financing companies (Daimler Truck Finance, Paccar Financial) depending on what make of the glider it is. If that doesn't work (and really it should), send me a pm and I can try and get a list together of other companies I know that will handle gliders.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.