Why is it so hard to get re-assigned to another truck with Werner???

Discussion in 'Werner' started by 18wheelrkatlady, Dec 31, 2008.

1. 18wheelrkatlady

18wheelrkatlady Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Lake Placid, Florida
    My boyfriend's truck sprung a leak in one of the fuel tanks and is sitting at the Rush Peterbilt place in Tampa. He's been trying to get assigned to another truck in Lakeland for the last two days. Now, they are telling him they will just plug up the tank that leaks and have him run on one tank until they can get another one for the truck. Also, his gas gauge doesn't work. The engine light comes on and stays on constantly and the truck stalls all the time. But, nobody wants to even discuss his getting this other truck. But, yet, Werner has a policy that will allow two drivers to switch trucks on the road if they mutually agree to do so. I don't get it!!! His dispatcher just blew him off again. He doesn't ask for much from this company, but he always get the runaround when he does.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

They probably don't have any extra trucks sitting around to give to your boyfriend. The new trainees are having to wait a long time to get into their trucks due to the lack of trucks available.

4. Wratherax

Wratherax Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Forty Fort, PA
    Yeah... they are waiting a very long time... 30+ days.. at which point the trainee is removed from the "system" and no longer employed by Werner. They have no positions available and they won't for some time. Hell, at least Schneider was nice enough to stop hiring students rather than continue to bring them on board to complete their long training only to be told there are no positions available...

5. 18wheelrkatlady

18wheelrkatlady Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Lake Placid, Florida
    No, they had a new Cascadia sitting there and he put in for it, but it took three days for them to decide that three weeks was too long to wait for repairs on his truck. Now the Cascadia is gone. He's a senior driver...14 years with Werner... We have to go to the Lakeland Terminal on Monday and see if any good trucks have been turned in. He won't take the first thing offered this time, like he did with the Peterbilt. At least it had an APU so he won't take one that doesn't have an APU on it.

6. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    They are a ##### company...............................don't care about you the drive.

Mark

7. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    dont feel bad I have not had that level of seriousness with my truck and whats wrong with it but with the current weather conditions it can be just as serious or fatal and basically the idea of fixing is to just have road assistance in whatever state I am in come and jump me and send me on my way if they can get my running, in the warmer states its not so bad but in the cold ones sitting for hours in the elements is no fun. it is all about the driving, they could care less about comfort or any of that thats why they basically tell you when you get your truck that its not required to inspect the inside and if their is something wrong on the inside or its just too disgusting for civilized beings to live in they will get it detailed or fixed but you are doing it at your own expense you do not get breakdown pay and depending on how nice the person you deal with is they may not cover the hotel accomdations either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.